Friday, December 3, 2010

Sick Husband

Yesterday morning I woke up to Mr. B looking at his phone to check the time. 
1 AM. 
There's nothing quite like the feeling when you feel like the alarm is near and realize you have 5 more hours left to sleep.

Aren't you excited?? I mumbled to him. 

Not at all, why?

It's only 1!

I just threw up.

You did?? In the bed??

I am a fairly light sleeper, I am still in shock that I slept through him getting up out of bed, his throw up noises that are loud enough for the neighbors to hear and him being out of the bed for almost 20 minutes. That is so not like me, so I guess I was really tired! 

And with that shock came dread.
You know what I am talking about....
when your husband is sick.
The drama.
You know the pathetic look in the eyes.
The moaning.
The faint voice.
The I'm-too-sick-to-even-pet-the-dog. {true story.}
Oh the joys of sick men.
I tried so hard to not to give him my cold last week. 
Because I can't stand the sick husband syndrome.
I was successful!
But now...now this stomach bug comes out of no where.
I was totally blindsided.
So not cool. 

{Although, I will admit I would pick the stomach bug over a cold since it is just a 24 hours show.}

And don't worry Mama K, I still took good care of him regardless :)

So I told the babies, well technically the parents' of the babies, that they probably shouldn't come over.
What I lost in money from not working I spent on groceries.
I know, makes total sense right?
I know it really doesn't, but I got some good food so it was worth it. 
So Roxie and I headed to the store to buy some gatorade, soup and crackers.

Of course, seeing as the bill totaled a little more than just gatorade, soup and crackers I may have purchased a few things for me and the pup including some her favorites - bully sticks. 
Bully sticks don't make you cool, Roxie. 
Get it..it's looks like she's smoking?
Oh which reminds me, having Mr. B home made me realize how much I talk to Roxie through out my day.
Talk about pathetic. 
Maybe I should blog more...

Thankfully the throw up only lasted through the night and ended in the morning. 
So I spent my day cleaning, bleaching and lysoling. ev.er.y.th.ing.

I also made some baked liver treats for Roxie.
Yummy
And a roasted chicken for me.
This is one of our favorite things, it's Perdue Oven Ready and it's so easy, tasty and moist!
No worries, I didn't eat the whole thing.

Through out the day he ended up transitioning from the bed, to the couch, to some sort of cocoon type thing in the couch?

Before he made his way back to bed he was kind enough to take a picture of Roxie giving me a "hug".

From what I know of my dad and talking to other wives, I have a feeling I'm not alone.
Anyone else with me??

Of course we love them to death and take excellent care of them, but we still dread those words..
I'm sick.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of your dog! Hope your husband feels better soon!

Sarah C. said...

My husband got a stomach bug last week, and then I caught it. I have to say though, with us it's the opposite - he's the stoic one and I'm the pathetic one when it comes to being sick!

Hope you manage to not catch the bug!

[p.s. I've been following you for a while now but I think this is the first time I've commented... I love your blog :)]

Jillian said...

Oh and it gets worse when you have kids!! You don't get to be "sick" but they expect to still get their time to be sick!! I'm telling you what, men...

Jeska said...

I do not like when Hubby is sick!! He becomes a major baby, and oh so grumpy! But of course I take care of him, regardless of his dramatics ;)

Annie said...

the pic of you and pup is super cute!!
hope your hubs is feeling better soon! and that chicken is looking delicious! ;)
have a great weekend hun! :)

LWLH said...

I don't know what it is with guys but they turn into 5 year olds when they're sick...I hate when Big Man is sick.

B F said...

AMEN!! You couldn't be more dead on!

Abby said...

The dreaded man sick - yuck. Sick hubbies are not fun! Hope he's feeling better soon and doesn't pass it to you!

Natalie said...

hahha fortunately my husband barely ever gets sick and he refuses to just lay around when he does so i've never experienced the sick husband in this way! i think i might be like that though when i'm sick : )

Hilary said...

Guys ARE so dramatic. I can't stand to hear one of them say their sick! If they only knew what it was like to have cramps, walk in high heels, and have to put on make up every day, I really doubt they'd be complaining about the scratch in their throat!

Anonymous said...

Awe, J, I knew you would take good care of him. And he did the exact same thing as a child, the few times he was sick, the cocooning and everything!!! Just thankful he was well enough to ace his Series Exam!!!

I, too, hate sick men!

Love ya-


Mama K