Thursday, January 13, 2011

She has her snowpants on!!

I think it's about time for a topic change dontcha think??

Well just like all the other states, except for the one that I lived in last year that I sometimes miss, we were hit with snow.
A lot of snow.



We knew we were getting a big storm so on Tuesday night we decided to spend that night at my parents' house. 
I knew Roxie was going to have a blast playing in the snow with the kids.
I knew Mr. B would have to be working out of the house regardless of the weather.
I knew I would have a lonely boring day if we stayed at our house.
So off to to the farm we went.




I even brought my snow gear which just in case.
You guys, this is a big deal.
Ms. J don't play in the snow no mo'.
My siblings are all 10+ years younger than me {with the exception of one who is in college} and they could not believe I brought snow stuff. Actually, I don't even think they knew I owned snow stuff. You would've thought I brought over some wonderful extinct animal or something.

It got even better the next day when I told them I was going outside to play in the snow with Roxie.
You are??

Really??

Are you really going??

I went upstairs to change and bundle up and as I am coming around the corner Julia shouts, 
" She has her snow pants on!!"
And it was a matter of seconds before the rest of the kids put their snow gear on.
Because they are so much younger than me, they apparently have no recollection of me ever playing in the snow with them.

Please take into consideration that snow pants and coats add some weight in pictures :)
So off we went. 
Snow to our knees. 
Lots of laughing.
Pushing.
And Throwing.
And freezing.
And runny noses.
And I remember why I don't play in the snow anymore.







We didn't head back home until a little after the snow stopped around 5ish. 
We Mr. B was dreading having to shovel our driveway in the dark, but we came home and we pleased to see that our landlord had already done it for us.
Ummm awesome.


Of course, Mr. B had to take my car to work today because his was a little buried still.

We got about 2 feet of snow in just one night.
I thought this sign in our front yard was kind of comical

He only had to shovel the back steps and path for Roxie.
She enjoyed the last minute play time in the snow.






She's been sleeping most of today.
The snow and I have a love-hate relationship.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

Ha, I love the pictures! And the fact that they didn't believe you until you had your snow pants on. Too funny!

Amanda said...

you guys got some serious snow!!!! i don't think we have ever had that much. how nice of your landlord to shovel for you! :-) yes...playing in the snow is killer. people always have to make me do it! haha! roxie looks cute as always.

Jeska said...

Oh my! We got 2 plus feet last year in one storm and I do NOT wish for it again! It was fun for the first day. But digging out is awful!! Luckily your landlord did it for you! Love your pictures, especially of Roxie :)

Rachel and John said...

Woo snow! Rudy loves the snow too. He is hilarious to watch in a snow storm!

PattyAnn said...

Beautiful pictures! No snow here in East Texas.

Mrs. Pick said...

Great pictures! Our boxer loves the snow too!

Annie said...

that is a lot of snow!!! we have a ton here as well, i'm sick of it...totally ready for spring ;)
my little pup loves the snow too though!! he plays on our deck until i make him come in.

Amanda said...

I LOVE your dog!! We have a boxer too! They are the cutest, sweetest, messiest dogs ever, aren't they?

I'm a new follower :)
Love the blog!!

Lived With Love said...

that snow is amazing! i've never seen so much!!

Jillian said...

You have to love New England's snow!! I can't believe how deep it was!! I love snow!!