Friday, July 23, 2010

Seriously?!

This Friday, one year ago, we were spending our morning in the salon.
The weather is actually the same today as it was then.
Gloomy.
Drizzle.
Perfect for frizzy hair.
Has it really already been one year??
Seriously?!

** I'm kind of confused because I think it has been a year. Technically tomorrow is our one year, but it was this Friday in July so that makes it one year too, right? If not, let's pretend it makes sense, ok? Thanks.**

The closer we got to our anniversary the more we started talking about what we were going to do to celebrate.
And the more we realized we are still poor newlyweds.
Spending $7 on a bag of cheetos is just as painful as it was on our honeymoon.
$7 still equals $700.
So we decided we will just go out for dinner and start saving for a fun 5 year anniversary celebration.


It's important to have these conversations.
It kills the suspense of the what ifs.
What if I spend a lot of money on him and he gets me nothing.
I will be mad.
He will feel bad.
I will never forget.
What if he gets me something way better than I get him.
What if he gets me something I don't think was worth the money.
I'll have to put on a smile and pretend its ok.

You get the idea.
so the decision was made.
No gifts.
Just dinner and enjoying our weekend together.
Perfect.
Well...
This morning I receive this email:

Beautiful Wife,

We are doing something special for our one year anniversary, and I am
not going to tell you what it is until this evening... So PLEASE do
not snoop!! (Also do not freak about money, everything has already
been paid for.)

I will send you emails thorughout the day giving hints and
instructions, the first of which is at the bottom of this email.

I will also give you a favorite moment of the past year married to
you, so here is the first one:

Playing cards in the livingroom and letting you win..


Hint #1: You will need to pack, so prepare for two nights!

Love you!!


Seriously?!

Some people like surprises.
I don't.
I am a planner.
I hate having no control.
No idea.
I will be freaking out all day.
I am determined to do no snooping.
I did too much snooping during our engagement week and felt really guilty.
Lesson learned.

I have no idea how he paid for this.
I will try my best to relax, enjoy the suspense (ha!) pack my bags and begin writing a really nice card.
And justify that an anniversary is really more for the husband to do for the wife anyways....right?? :)

P.S I love how he adds that he "let me win", I'm guessing after reading the rest of the email that I am supposed to let that line slide, feed his pride and appreciate the fact that beating him in cards is only because he let me. Yeah oooooook.

And just before I was going to post this I got a new email!
Which I may or may not be checking every 30 seconds btw.

Moment #2: Our very first dog experience - as ridiculous as it was it
was something I will never forget and showed me how quickly you can
love something regardless of looks.. Like me!!

Hint #2: Bring your bathing suit and maybe a beach chair



7 more hours until the suspense is over!!
I can do it!

18 comments:

Just Brandi said...

AAAHHHH! I'm on pins and needles over here!!! Your hubby better be gettin LOTS OF LOVIN for this! ;)

Can't wait to see what he's got planned!!!!

Just Brandi said...

Oh yeah, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

That is so fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it and happy anniversary!!

Abby said...

Aw! how super fun! Can't wait to find out what y'all are doing. Happy Anniversary!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

OH MY WORD I LOVEEEEE THIS! Can I have my darling hubby read this post :) :) Haha! Lovely! Have SO much fun! Can't wait to hear allll about it!

Jordan said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet hubby! We typically have had pretty low key anniversaries, but we decided to write in an anniversary journal each year (link to my post about it here: http://deflonfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/anniversary-recap.html). Feel free to steal the idea if you want (I stole it from someone else online!). Have a great weekend!

Jessica Hilton said...

How incredibly romantic!!! I hope you guys have an amazing weekend!!

Mama Gorka said...

Have an awesome time - what a romantic! You need to post again when you get some more hints!

Jamie said...

How exciting and so sweet! Can't wait to find out where y'all are going :) Happy anniversary!

Lindsey said...

Happy anniversary!

i don't deal well with suspense either - i can't wait to hear what the surprise is!!!
ENJOY!

Natalie said...

that is awesome! What a sweet hubby!! You guys will have a blast I'm sure. Just relax--I'm sure he has it all taken care of! Happy Anniversary : )

Margaret said...

Ah! I am so excited for you! This is exciting, haha. I'm freaking out! BEST HUSBAND EVER!

Happy one year to both of you:)

Erin W said...

How fun! I need the details ASAP! Hope you guys have a great time celebrating your 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Anonymous said...

Aww how exciting!! Happy Anniversary and have a great time!! :)

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and decided I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post now up. I’d love for you to stop by.

Exciting things going on around here!

http://www.definitelymaybebaby.com/

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

New Mommy!!! said...

OMG!! I just left you this long long message and it didn't go through, AHHHH!!

I was just saying that I LOVE your hubby, he's fabulous! And that at least he gave you notice bc my hubs would be the one to come home when I was dirty, hair unwashed, no make-up, no clean laundry, house a mess, and walk in the door, and say, pack a bag, we're leving right now!! And I would freak out and ruin the whole spontaneity of it, Ha!

But seriously, so excited for you, and can;t wait to hear all about it. Darling husband!

Hey, if you facebook, would you vote for our little pumpkin in a local Beautiful Baby contest! The details are on our blog post!

We sure would appreciate your vote!

Thanks so much, Love ya, Lindsay xoxo

So excited for you. Congrats!

Rachel and John said...

Aw how sweet! I can't wait to see what that suprise was!

The Christenson's said...

Okay, so I'm dying to know what the surprise was! When do we get to find out! Hope it was wonderful. I'm sure it was. That is SO SWEET of your hubby to do all that.