Monday, November 1, 2010

Misc. Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} Happy NOVEMBER {how crazy??}! It's my birthday month!! 15 more days! :) 

{two}Thanks again for all the encouragement and advice! For those of you who suggested the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility...that was by birth-control bible for the past year! It was super helpful and great for me during the "birth control phase", but as far as the "trying to conceive phase" it was making me obsessive. I would have perfect charts and thought for sure I was pregnant, but then I wasn't.  I would over analyze my temperature every day, etc etc. So I had to stop taking my temp and charting for my own sanity {and Mr. B's too!}. I still follow the basic guidelines from that book, but all the little details have gone down the drain. I would also definitely suggest that book to anyone who is doing it as birth control or even trying to conceive {unless of course you become obsessed like me :)}

{three} I got another job that I am excited about! He is 10 months old and I'll have him 3 days a week. Some days will be with the other baby and some days it will just be me and him so that will be fun. He is so adorable and it will be nice to have a little extra income too. 

{four} I found the deal of the day on craigslist last week. I got all these toys for just $10!
Roxie was pretty impressed too and inspected them all

{five} Roxie is still super cute and continues to grow every hour.




 {six} Roxie is forced to keep finding a new favorite spot in the car due to her giant growth spurts...
Started off in a ball on my lap or on my shoulder...
Then it became the middle console...
One time it was even in a tote bag...
Then it became under the dashboard with the air blowing on her face...
She outgrew that little floor space and now her new spot is across the front seat with the middle console as her  pillow
{seven} We always have "family fun" night on Halloween instead of trick or treating. Last night my little brother had the best halloween of his entire life {a whole 11 years!}.  On his first try he won 1,000 tickets! 


{eight}Is this not the most gorgeous tree? It's right down the street from us in a cemetery. We came to the conclusion that dead people must make for good fertilizer because there are so many colorful trees in the cemeteries.  A lot of the leaves are on the ground now though which means...frigid winter is on it's way!! Boo.

{nine} Although I am not ready for the freezing cold and loads of snow...I think I am ready for Christmas music already?! I don't think I have ever wanted to listen to it so early before. I am not sure I can wait until Thanksgiving...

{ten} Just to make the list complete 1-10....I'm not gonna lie- I was pretty upset on Friday when Oprah and Gayle's camping trip was interrupted by the President. 

8 comments:

Abby said...

We (me and B!) think Roxie is such a doll! And 1000 tix is a pretty big deal! How fun!!!!

Natalie said...

I haven't read that book but I've heard it is really really good! I wasn't even charting and I still got the same way as you! I don't think I could do it for those exact reasons!! It would make me crazy and I feel like the weeks would DRAG.
I love how Roxie's mouth like folds over her toys. She is such a sweetie!

Lindsay Thomas said...

One of my dearest friends just went through a long journey of trying to get pregnant. If you have time, check out my post today...http://lltthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/11/verse-of-week-44-30dbc.html

There's a link after the verse where you can listen to her speak about their struggles. She starts talking about 2/3 of the way into it.

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Those are such beautiful pictures of Roxie!! What camera do you use?

cait said...

Your puppy is precious! Our four-legged baby was the same way about the car. He will still try to sit in our laps sometimes in the car...all 50 lbs. of him. They grow SO fast!

Melissa said...

just found your blog thru rebekah's - love it! i am reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. I am not finished with it but it does seem like so much to keep track of! We are not TTC yet, in fact i'm still on the pill, but hubby has FINALLY agreed to let me get off... but i'll be using the method for birth control at first.

Leigh Anne said...

oh my goodness, i'm so jealous of that beautiful tree! texas doesn't really get any colorful tree changes at all! enjoy this fall season :)
excited to read more of your blog!

Unknown said...

Those pictures of Roxie are awesome!! And congrats on the new job! :)