Monday, November 15, 2010

Misc. Monday: Birthday Edition

{one} Today at 3:30PM I officially turn the big 2-3.
I know it's not really that big of a number, but I have the power to make it big on my blog :)
This is my tired young {just 17!} little mama and I on November 15, 1987


{two} We had a nice little celebration on Saturday night which included a chick flick with the girls- Morning Glory- dinner at Long Horns with the family and then we all went and saw the movie Unstoppable {so good btw!!}. And sadly, there was not one single picture taken. So we can just put it in the books that my 23rd birthday will most likely be forgotten....

{three} I am in a weird phase of my life right now. In Florida we were part of a little newlywed group through Mr. B's college and we were able to connect and make some friends there. Then we moved back to NH and now my family = friends. We belong to a small church with no young married couples, we don't have any children yet so there is really not much extra activities in which we could meet new people, and the people at the dog park...we won't even go there because they are just on an entirely different weirdo level. And trust me, I know I am weird. So you can only imagine what they are like. Now don't get me wrong, I love my family to death. I am so thankful to live close again and be actively involved in each others' lives. I am so thankful that we were able to go out and celebrate, but as I looked around the table, and saw that I was celebrating with my parents, my 11 year old brother, 13 year old sister, my grandparents, my pastor and his wife, my husband and my childhood bf with no other "friend party" to go to next, it brought {a brighter} light to this transitioning phase that Mr. B and I are in. Friends are important and I hope we will be able to connect with some new ones in the near future.

{four} Speaking of friends, I would like to thank Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of facebook, for allowing me to find 20 notifications awaiting me at just 10 AM. Thank you for creating a place where people that I haven't talked to in many years and even people that I have never talked, can wish me a happy birthday and make me feel so loved. Ha, it's great! 

{five} I am about to hit some stores and see if I can find anything! I got some lovely charms for my bracelet, beautiful christmas decorations, flowers, a movie, candy, pjs and a bunch of gift cards and cash... so off to the stores I go!  This is technically my second time going, the first time was pretty unsuccessful. Don't you hate it when you can't buy anything and you see so many things you want to buy and then when you actually have the opportunity you can't find a thing...but then of course, you buy something that you don't even love just because you can. Such is life :)


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

14 comments:

JaggedLittleJenn said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what its like to have a tough time making friends after moving... atleast you have family around though! I hope you have an amazing day.. welcome to the year 23!

Jeska said...

What an awesome picture of you and your Mom!

Unknown said...

happy birthday girly

Kit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I am your newest follower from MM!

Natalie said...

happy birthday!!! I hope you have a great day and that you're 23rd year is fabulous!!!

Jamie said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day!

LWLH said...

Happy Birthday beautiful!

Lindsey said...

happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great 24th year :)

-Amanda

Kelly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope the year ahead is your best one yet :) Very precious picture of you and your mama!

Rachel and John said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Mrs. Southern said...

Happy Birthday girl! Hope it was an amazing day!

Jordan said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!