Monday, May 16, 2011

2 Months Late

No, I am not talking about my lovely little lady friend.

I am talking about our vacation to St. John that was 2 months ago that I never blogged about.

We seriously have rain in the forecast for the next 10 days, 
I was thinking it was time for a nice sunny vacation with a palm tree....
and then I realized I already had one. 
Boo.

But of course, I am always up for another one!

When we reached the islands we started ort journey off on a very claustrophobic car ferry to get us from St. Thomas to St. John.

We safely arrived and enjoyed a delicious dinner while soaking up the sun and the views.

I finally fit in with the clan {except I am technically cooler than them now because I have the iPad 2, but we won't go there...}, I got my late Christmas present from my in-laws right in time for vacation. Literally the day before our flight, Mama Grace and I waited in line for 5+ hours!
Thank you Apple for timing it so perfectly. 

The rest of the weekend we enjoyed the beautiful crystal clear blue blue ocean.
The water really is this blue- I didn't even edit it!

We experienced breath-taking sunsets every night from our balcony.

We went to a you-have-to-go-to-this-burger-joint for lunch.
It was called Skinny Legs and it was only appropriate to get a picture of my Mr. B and his very own pair of skinny legs. Looks are deceiving- he was very reluctant and embarrassed, but we couldn't miss out on this photo-op.


Scenic views were around every corner..


I'm not a huge swim in the ocean fan, but this clear water made it a little more appealing.


We enjoyed some yummy dinners out on the town. 

Some relaxing days by the pool.

A snorkeling excursion through some caves.
But my lack of enjoying swimming in the ocean is multiplied by 20 when it comes to snorkeling and hearing myself breathe in the water. Aka the sound of the death.  
So I quickly went in and quickly went out. My excuse, and it was a legit one, was the salt water was burning my face like crazzzy. 
Pretty much felt like acid burning off the layers.
Seriously.
And I don't exaggerate that much.
So I just relaxed on the boat and took pictures :)

We enjoyed our last night at our favorite restaurant all sun-kissed and relaxed.

Ahhh vacations are SO nice. 

Thanks to my wonderful in-laws for inviting us and making this fabulous vacation possible! 

Also, please say a prayer for my sister-in-law today. She is being induced this afternoon- praying for a safe delivery and healthy little niece! 

4 comments:

Suze said...

what a wonderful vacay :)

praying for your sis-in- law!

Rachel and John said...

It looks like a lovely vacation!!

Jillian said...

I'm way jealous of this trip:)

Mrs. Mama said...

looks like a wonderful time! and don't you just LOVE the IPAD?!