Monday, May 23, 2011

Two Pink Lines {I think...} Pt. 1

So if you remember, before my vacation I posted about how I was bringing tampons and pregnancy tests with me because every month was always a guessing game.



Every month I thought I had a million symptoms and every month I was wrong. 

The month of February we were going with the whole "trying not to try" ordeal. 
Which still doesn't make sense to me 
because after 10 months of knowing every detail of your cycle you know what's going on
 and when the "right" time is.
And everyone that told me that that was key, I wanted to punch in the face kindly tell them I don't know how that's possible!!!! 

I was really discouraged and tearful knowing that by not forcing {so dramatic, I know} anything we were wasting another month.  So nothing was "forced", it wasn't like clock-work, no special products were used, no special "tricks, no hanging upside down for 30 minutes.
Total TMI and apologize, but I'm not kidding! 

Unlike the other months where I tested pretty much every day 10 days before my period, this time I only brought 2 tests.  This was a pretty big deal and big step for me- I wasn't going to obsess {might be an understatement} while we were on vacation, I was just going to test the last day we were there. I was supposed to start my period the day we were heading back home, so I was hoping that if it was positive it would show before we say good by to the Smelly in-laws. 

So I put back my good expensive tests and only brought 2 internet cheap ones, really expecting this to be just like the previous months.

I enjoyed the week with family and soaking up the sun. I got a massage and had to reluctantly circle "not pregnant" on the form.
Just another reminder that made me frustrated. 

I joked with Mr. B after that there should've been an option for "Maybe".
But I guess not everyone is weird like me....

I didn't have any "symptoms" and truly believed this was not my month.
Again. 


:: A little back story: my in-laws live in TX and we live in NH.  We had so many "perfect" opportunities where we were going to be able to tell them we were pregnant in person, but it never happened. I had so many different creative plans in my head on how we would tell them, I really wanted them to be a part of this since they won't be around for the other milestones of the pregnancy. It didn't happen in June for my FIL's birthday, it didn't happen in July for our weekend at the lake, it didn't happen in August for my MIL's birthday, it didn't happen in September when visited for Labor Day weekend, it didn't happen in November when we visited for Thanksgiving, it didn't happen in January when they came to visit for the weekend.... so I was just praying that it would happen on this vacation. 

It would be the perfect way to end a great week, it's extra special because it's just us with them and they live in NH for the summer months so they would be able to be a part of the pregnancy too and they already had plans to come to NH for Thanksgiving which is around when the due date would be. 
For real this time, could it be any more perfect???? ::


Thursday night, March 17th, I was feeling a little nauseous. I just figured that it was from being out on a boat all day. I did text my mom and joke that maybe I was pregnant....but I think I was just feeling a little sea sick. I just laid on the couch all night and was hoping that the night of sleep would make me feel better in the morning.

I woke up on Friday feeling fine and anxious to test, but not expecting to see anything new. 

I did my thing, put it on the counter and started to get ready for the day. Mr. B was staring at it and said he thinks he sees another line. I tell him to stop joking around and he says that he is serious and he shows it to me.
 My heart stopped!
 I think I see it , too!
 We were in shock, it was so faint we didn't want to get our hopes up.

But I hear a positive is a positive!!
 I was shaking, quickly started googling faint positives, texting my mom. trying really hard not to be too excited, just in case.
 But it was reallllllllllly hard.
I was so bummed that I only brought the cheap internet tests!
 I only had one left and I wanted to save it for the next morning to be sure that it was positive then too and then we would find a way to tell his parents before we left. 

The plans for the day were just to relax by the pool, Mr. B and I were really distant from his parents the whole day because we I really wanted to tell them in a creative way and thought we would do something special at dinner that night.
If I was talking to them, I knew I would just blurt it out.
 His mom even asked Mr. B if everything was ok with me, ha! 

I really wanted to test again with a better brand so we searched the shops in the resort and they didn't sell any.
Umm hello?? Who doesn't sell pregnancy test in a gift shop?! Strange, right? ;)


We decided to walk down the street to a little grocery store and thought for sure that they would have some. I was expecting to pay like $30 for this thing, everything is so expensive on the island! I didn't care though I just wanted to know, it was killing me!
We got to the store and they only had one brand- a cheap, generic, dollar-tree syringe type test.
 Of course.
Thankfully it was only $2 though, so we bought a couple so I could test multiple times the next day too.
You know, just to be sure. 

We got back to the hotel lobby, I did my thing again...this time in a public bathroom which was a little more awkward. I put the stick in my bag, walked out to Mr. B, pulled it out to see what it said.
Two pink lines. 
This time a little darker and it was in the afternoon.



Not even my morning pee. 
I am sold.
This is 100%, we are telling them tonight.




Thank you Jesus for doing everything in your perfect timing. For answering our prayers and allowing this special moment to happen in such a beautiful place and lining up all the details! 


I feel like this post is really boring and too long with hardly any pictures sooooo this is Part 1 and Part 2 will be about when we told them. 

Thanks again for the overwhelming encouraging words!! 

23 comments:

Al said...

Congrats!!!! I am so very happy for you!!

B said...

Congratulations, hun!!

Mama B said...

OMG, somehow I missed your last post! Congratulations, Mama!!! I know how much you've wanted this baby and prayed for so long. I'm SO happy and excited for you. Motherhood is absolutely amazing! :)

LWLH said...

Congrats girl, how exciting!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

YES YES YES!! SOOOO EXCITING :-)

Kelly said...

CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you both. Praying for a happy & healthy 9 months :)

Anonymous said...

Much happiness!

Shelli said...

You're so funny! Congrats again! I wish you a happy & healthy pregnancy!!

Natalie said...

Not a boring post AT ALL! Such a fun story : ) I'm so glad you finally get to share it and experience it all: )

Kelly said...

CONGRATS!! I know how much you have been praying for this pregnancy. I am so happy for you both! Praying for a happy & healthy 9 months :)

Kelly said...

So I haven't totally lost my mind (although some might argue I have) - I didn't think my first comment saved and I still had your blog open in my browser :) Sorry for the double post!

Brittany said...

Yayayay! That's so exciting!! I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

And you were acting weird that day!!! I just thot you had gotten "your friend" and were sad! We, of course, are overjoyed each day with you! Can't wait to see you in less than two weeks!!!




Mama K

Amanda said...

A yay!! I just read this post, and your last one! HOW EXCITING!!!!!! :) I loved your story, and can't wait to read more!!

The Wallace Family said...

I'm a new follower and I didn't think your post was boring at all!! I can't wait to read part 2!! Congrats and best of luck with the pregnancy!

Abby said...

Love it! Can't wait to read the next installment!!!!

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

This is a great post!! You will love looking back on it! I have been following your journey and I am so happy for you and the hubs!! You are going to be a wonderful mama!! Keep us posted!!

Jordan said...

Oh yay! Congrats! So excited for you guys and can't wait to read about all your pregnancy stories!

Lived With Love said...

congrats!! :) cant wait to see some bump pics! xx

Melissa said...

This was not a boring post! Super cute! haha. I loved it. I'm excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm really behind in reading your story, but I'm loving it to so far!! :)

Lisa Marie said...

Reading this post makes me SO happy! One, because it reminds me of when we found out we were preggo (after trying over a year) on our vacation last fall! And second because I remember commenting on your post about taking the pregnancy tests with you and telling you that it could happen cause thats how we found out...and it DID!!! Congrats!!! As I type one-handed cause I'm holding my beautiful newborn in my other arm, I can also tell you it's the MOST precious blessing EVER!!!! Congratulations again to you and hubby : )