Friday, February 8, 2013

Just Keep Swimming Sledding

The big historical snow storm of 2013 has begun.
Nemo.
{btw I'd love to be a fly on the wall of a storm naming committee meeting}.
{Saw this on fb}
We are projected to get 24+".
Which is insane.
I want to cry just thinking about it.
The snow was finally almost gone and now it's going to approximately as tall as half my body.
Yes, that means I'm short but in snow terms it's tall.
Hopefully they will stick to the stereotype and be wrong.

Adalyn and I braved the grocery store yesterday along with the rest of the city and their moms.
I timed it perfectly during her morning nap.
For those who are new to childrearing- that is the primetime to go anywhere in public, specifically when they're strapped in one spot for 45+ minutes.
Please note my sarcasm.

Yesterday was Mr. B's birthday
 and he was away traveling for work so we have big snowy plans this weekend to celebrate filled some some of his favorites.

He's on his way home early to beat the storm.
His cupcakes are baking

I'm making his favorite Orange Chicken tonight

Our crockpot will be busy cooking chili

bbq pulled pork

and chicken tortilla soup

Other snowy staples: Bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls, OJ, milk, diapers and a few extra goodies for good measure.


This is our first storm on our own
Now that we have our own house and generator there's no need stay at the farm with my family. 
I think that means we are officially grown-ups and it's so bittersweet.

I am so ready for winter to be over, 
but we will make the most of it! 
We've got movies to watch, pictures to edit and, eventually, lots of snow to play in.
Aside from the warm food, the best way for us to make it through this is to
just keep swimming sledding,
just keep swimming sledding,
just keep swimming sledding
swimming sledding, 
swimming sleddingggggg.

2 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Your house looks giant! And beautiful! Enjoy the snow!!

Natalie said...

Looks like you're going to be super productive in thr kitchen this weekend :)