Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Super Bowl

We had big plans last weekend.
A busy Saturday filled with errands, family time and party prep A fun Sunday with a full house filled with church friends for the Super Bowl.
We were looking forward to hosting in our new house. 
Everyone was coming. 
20+ people.
What are the odds that everyone could make it??
That never happens.

But our weekend went a little different than planned and we ended up having a different kind of Super Bowl Party....

I had a dream that I threw up. 
Woke up feeling sick.
Thought maybe it was in my head.
Told Mr. B.
He said he was feeling the same. 
Wonderful.
We quickly discovered we got it.
The stomach bug.

As if being sick isn't enough.
As if if being a mom and being sick isn't enough.
To find out your husband is also sick...
that's just a cruel, cruel joke. 
Like, so cruel.

This was the kind of sickness where you're on the toilet then quickly to your knees, then back to sitting, then back to your knees then make it back to sitting....just in time.

You know, in case you wanted all the dets. 
You're so very welcome :)

The kind where you need to pretty much sleep all day or you'll lose it. 
With a fever, achy joints and knife-like jabs to the stomach.
Par-tay.

{I know my last post was about my fertility fears, but
this sickness was confirmation that I'm not quite ready to be sick 24/7 just yet! Ugh, I forgot how miserable it is.} 

I was so thankful for my mom for coming over to rescue Adalyn-both for her health and to allow us to rest! 
This was also the first time I left her overnight-much sooner than I had planned!-it was really sad, but necessary. 
It made it easier knowing that I couldn't really take care of her though and I knew she was in great hands!
I appreciated all the picture messages throughout the day too!

So all that mouth watering party food?
Not so much.

Thankfully the worst of it was less than 24 hours.
We let the fresh air in, washed everything and lysoled every.thing.

And we've been praying health and protection for Adalyn because this bug is knocking down our family members one by one. 
We do not want her little body to get this nasty thing!!

And thankfully, every day she's been waking up happy and healthy. 

Mr. B and I are just about 100% better now and we are praying for no more sickness!

And that her immunity system keeps staying strong!! 

The positive to this sickness was it was a good jumpstart to my Bahamas diet.
But I'm eating cookie dough ice cream in bed at 9:45PM so...
you win some, you lose some. 

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

You're hilarious! Toilet bowl party instead of super bowl party. So sad!

Ashley said...

Glad you are feeling better now and that Adalyn didn't get it!!