Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Failure

I haven't updated my blog in 2 weeks and I've been leaving my poor friends who are addicted to the smell in withdrawals.

FAIL.

Made a delicious, perfectly baked blueberry bread for Mr. B. Decided I would put it on a plate to make the bread that much more presentable. With the intentions, of course, being he would be that much more impressed at his amazing little housewife. I was going to be late for Bible Study. I was rushed. Not thinking I cut the bread in the pan. The bread wasn't ready to be transferred. It was too hot. I tried my best. It crumbled everywhere. On the plate at least. I tried to keep it in on piece. The blueberries burnt my hand. I'm sure he was so impressed.
Enjoy your blueberry bread crumble, babe!
FAIL.

Every morning I burn my breakfast in the toaster oven. I haven't quite figured out what exact position to put the timer on. Apparently my mind can't comprehend "Dark" "Medium" or "Light" .... I kind of miss the toaster where I just had to push the button down and it would pop up when it was done. Not a huge fan of being in control of this situation. Maybe I should stick to cereal...
FAIL.


I had a pretty sage green picked out for an accent wall in our bedroom. Mr. B thought it would be too much green and put his foot down. Of course, being that he is a guy, he said he didn't want that color, but couldn't give me any other suggestions. You know those days when you just disagree to disagree? I think he was having one of those days. Hindsight he probably would've left his foot up. No, I don't think that makes sense or is even a phrase that has ever been used, but guess what, I am back to blogging so just roll with me, ok? We needed something light because our room is small, we needed something to match our bed set...I see a picture of like a fuchsia background with a bright green flower. I have a horrible great idea- let's be daring, bold ad drastic and do something like this. Mr. B agrees. Clearly, neither of us were in the right state of mind that day. I wish I could say we had no choice, we bought the gallon of paint and decided to go with it, but nope. We bought a sample, tried it out, still decided to go with it, went to the store again and purchased a gallon.
FAIL.

We had two different kinds of rooms going on. The wall was not an accent wall it was the BAM-OOOO-YIKES-HELLO-EVERYONE-LOOK-AT-ME-WALL. It didn't go with the whole comforter set, just parts of it. The small bright green parts. It also didn't really go with the other decor we had. It didn't make our room look any bigger. We almost hated it, we certainly didn't love it. We convinced ourselves it would look good if we bought some new decor to tie it all together.
I went shopping while Mr. B was at work, it matched perfectly. I was a little proud. I sent him the pics.
FAIL.

Apparently we are now living in a 10 year old girl's room.
I thought I was crossing the "too girly" line a tad, but it matched and I figured I would give it a whirl and see what he thought. We lived with it for a few days, it was beginning to grow on us, but it still needed something else. That little room was just not meant for that drastic of a color. Maybe, maybe if the room was more spacious it would have flowed together a little better.
Mr. B wanted to relax and had no desire to paint another wall, but I told him how much money we would be saving if we repainted it and I returned all the stuff I bought in an effort to beautify the room. He agreed {I knew that would work, anything to save money!} So I returned all the stuff....
and bought new stuff for around the house. I have a problem where I usually buy things, return them with hopes of getting money back, find new things, buy them and end up paying more.

FAIL.

So we go back to being boring. I use the left over paint we had from the living room and repaint our bedroom.
Primed it, painted it, made a mess, did several coats and let it dry.
I peek into the room to see the final look and...
Oh how perfect, I managed to make a giant shiny streak in the most perfect spot for the sun to hit it in such a way that it sticks out almost as much as the other decor. Way. to. Go. Me.
FAIL.


I am on Day 4 on Day everything-should-be-finished-because-tonight-is-bible-study. {I did really good last weeks, but this whole painting fiasco and the long weekend messed my sched.}
FAIL.

30 Day Shred is nonexistent as is the space between my thighs. They have reunited once again.

FAIL.


At least I am not failing at the important things, right?? :)
We are finally settling in, it feels like home again and hopefully I will keep this thing updated!

New Strategy: Achieve. We will see how it goes...

11 comments:

Natalie said...

oh no! I hope life gets a little better for you! I'm glad you're back to blogging at least--I have missed your writing :)
Sorry about all the painting--I know it happens to the best of us though!

Jordan said...

oh goodness! I'm glad you're back! Isn't that just how life goes.. a bunch of little fails until something finally works out! At least it seems to be like that for everyone and the little fails make the greats greater! Good luck settling in!

Rachel and John said...

I don't think the red was that bad. You just need a headboard OR a large picture/print and the wall would look great. Same with the new color. You just need to hang something on the wall. And who cares about the shiny spot? Hang something there too. No on will ever know!

OR you could just paint your window black so no light gets in. But that's a little dramatic.

Jessica said...

Sorry for the 'failing' but welcome back! These will be the things you remember when you're old and grey :) Remember that time we painted the bedroom wall bright fuschia? Yeah babe, what were we thinking :)

Jamie said...

I'm sorry things have been failing lately! The blueberry bread looks yummy though :)

Jillian said...

Oh, I know how tricky paint can be! But I think it looks great!

Meant to be a mom said...

Your post is cracking me up. I'm sorry I don't want you to take that wrong. I just am reading it and thinking. OH MY GOSH! This poor girl. What the heck, how could all of this not work right?
Your poor girl. I feel so bad for you, I would be so mad if I did all that work and didn't like the end results on any of them.
I think it was your huge FAIL at the end of each sentence that made me giggle a little. It was like I was sitting right across from you and you were telling me really dramatically what had happened.
I hope you figure out a better match for the paint.
Let us know if you do, and post more pics.
Good luck.

Erin said...

ha ha hope things turn around :)

carissa said...

i can relate to the blunders... i'm the queen of them! especially ones related to the kitchen! tonight hubby said that if we ever come into some money, he is going to send me to culinary school! ha! so glad you are back to the blog! hope your new strategy brings wonderful results! : )

Kristin said...

You're ALIVE!!!! Hooray! We've missed you here. I hate how streaks go like that. Go get yourself a massage or something honey - you'll feel better :-) "Tomorrow is a fresh day, with no mistakes in it." Look forward to seeing your new abode :-) ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

Ashley said...

Oh, I hate paint fails!
That's why I usually let Hubs do ALL the painting. I don't want to be the one getting blamed :)