Monday, June 21, 2010

You know it's your first puppy when...


You freak out halfway through the 6 hour drive home because you realize she might be a boy dog.

Why would a girl dog have "something" sticking out between her legs?!?
You and your mom try to convince yourselves that a boy's thing isn't set as far back as a girl's.

You look an idiot and ask the vet....just to be sure.

You now call it a pe-jayjay.
{yes, I am very creative when it comes to making up unique names dealing with the private area}

When you're wondering if there should be any concern with the conjoined nipple on her belly....only to find out it's actually her belly button.

You take 1084876 pictures of her every move.

Even the creepy-eyes-rolled-back-dead-to-the-world-mouth-wide-open-look-at-my-little-baby-teeth-sleep.

You take a picture of her paws because you think it is so cool that they are black polka dots.

Only to have it eventually "click" that this is a sign of your precious little pup growing up and her once untainted-pink-smooth-as-a-babies-bum-pads are transforming into uncool black pads.


You are paranoid about every. little.thing. including dehydration.
You have the hardest time disciplining her because you think she is the most adorable thing and how could you ever yell at this sweet sweet face?!

You say something along the lines of "She is too cute!!!" 1098497592028750 times a day.

16 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I am the same way with my puppy! But Rudy is a big boy now at 10 months old. Little Roxy is still tiny and cute as a button! Does she love her dog pillow you made?

Annie said...

AWWW!!!! she could not be any cuter!!
i'm also head over heels in love with my pup, he is 8 and i could never get enough of him ;) he is the happiest little dude :)

Natalie said...

well she is too cute : )
I'm glad you're enjoying being a puppy mommy!!

Jordan said...

She's a doll! How cute! There's nothing like a first dog. My mom swears it won't be the same after the kiddos are in the picture, so I'm going to soak all that puppy love in.. puppy, wait, mine is 5- lol! Enjoy your puppy love!

Mrs. D said...

She is so cute, especially her little paws! I just recently got a pup of my own, so I know what you mean about having puppy paranoia!

JennyLee said...

Nothing changes the older they get...other than the amount of times you've said she was cute. It's way higher. ;)

Julianne Hendrickson said...

oh girl, i feel you!! ours is home for a month today and i feel like we just got him still!! it is EXHAUSTING! if you have any questions I would love someone to talk to :)

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness! She IS adorable!! I love the baby teeth picture. Glad you're taking such good care of her :-)

Jamie said...

I'm the same way about my little Daisy even though she's not a puppy any more! Little paw pads are my favorite :)

Lived With Love said...

ahh she is adorable!!!! Whats her name? xx

Taylor-Made Wife said...

She's such a cutie. I still do all of that with my dog and we have had him for 7 years!

Amber said...

Seriously! Stop posting pictures of this adoreable beauty! You're going to make me go out and buy another boxer - and I cannot have 3 dogs in my house! Hubby would kill me!

Ashley said...

This has got to be the cutest puppy that ever lived! Love the eyes rolled back pic!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new puppy! Little Roxy is very adorable!

LWLH said...

She is soooo cute!
There's alot of things to learn being a first time furmama! :)

LauraAnn said...

Awe! She is so precious! I can assure you that no matter how old they get they will always be your little baby. My four year old bulldog is still my baby bulldog in my eyes.