Monday, August 16, 2010

Misc. Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one. Our fridge has been replenished. Praise the Lord!
Although, my grandpa did slip me a twenty after hearing about how badly we need to go grocery shopping so maybe I should let it get that low more often...or keep it that way alittle longer and see who else would donate out of pity...

two. This is Roxie's new fav. spot, in the window watching the kids at the park and wagging her little nub of a tail and I think it is so cute.


three. We keep Roxie's food in a big storage container, we were running low so we bought some more this weekend. We looked at the bag to double check how much we should be feeding her now that she is bigger- turns out we have been feeding her 1/3 of what she should be having. Oops. In little letters it says "matured weight". I've been feeding her as if she was a little lap dog. Since Day 1. My bad. This could explain why she enjoys toilet paper so much.
{Please note: I don't let her eat toilet paper for fun, she snatched it out of the bathroom while I was cleaning and well...I am trying to blog again so of course I just had to take a picture before she got in trouble because I need to take a picture of everything in case it can be a possible post one day.}

four. We went for a nice little family walk on Saturday at a nearby trail. We loved it and decided we were going to do it every Saturday morning. But you know how that goes. It's a nice idea anyway.

It wore her out. Amen.

five. I was driving home yesterday and saw a kid tying another kid to a tree. I was a little freaked and felt like I was on "What Would You Do?". They were both smiling though, so I hoped for the best.

six. I'm back to like the beginner blog world again. which is zero fun. I already lost followers from not posting anymore. I'm back to very few comments. and I have insomnia because my mind keeps thinking about things to post. This blogging life and I = love/hate relationship.

seven. I took the word verification off my comments because I know a lot of followers don't like to do that when leaving a comment. Sure enough, after just one day I got a spam comment. So... it's back. Sorry. I really am.

eight. It's a great feeling when you no longer hear the crying baby, he wore himself out and he is now sound asleep. I was giving him until I finished the dishes and this post, I got to the very last sentence and now there is silence- hallelujah. {darn I had to use spell check this time for that word, one time I did it all on my own though. I guess a sleeping baby will have to be my one success for the day!}

go link up and participate in the giveaway at lowercase letters by carissa!!

12 comments:

Lived With Love said...

aww cute family pic :)

Natalie said...

don't worry-more followers will come.
one of my dogs could live at the window. she watches everything that goes by! I love it too : )

Rachel and John said...

you haven't lost me. I have word verification on too because the amount of spam is amazing!
Your puppy is so cute!!

Natalie said...

hi! to answer your question on my post--yes I changed my URL several months ago (maybe may??) and for some reason it switched over on some people's and not on other people's! a couple of people have un-followed and then re-followed me. try that...i think it should work! : )

Erin said...

I can't believe how big your puppy is getting! I'm glad your back:) I don't get a lot of comment either but it's okay!! Yours will come I'm sure :)

JaggedLittleJenn said...

LOL. You are so funny.. I too find it exhausting to think in blogmode all day. But I love/hate it.. and I am glad you are backish!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back... as I have said before your humor and way with words makes my day! Thanks, J!

Jillian said...

I'm still here!! And boy is your puppy getting big:)

Abby said...

I think blogging will always be touch and go - my following/comments are similar when I don't post as frequently. But I just figure I'd rather be living it than writing about it...and usually it picks back up again. I think you'll be the same way!

Amber said...

Oh Miss Roxie is SO precious. She is growing up so fastly! Seriously makes me want another boxer puppy - but I think three might be too much!

Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with blogging too. Mostly it's love. Just keep sharing, we love reading!

Kristin said...

I am SO HAPPY that you're back Mrs. J! Your humor is just what the Dr. ordered on some days :-) Your pup is getting so big! Guess she wasn't suffering TOO much from the lack of food! I know what you mean about taking breaks and loosing followers. I'm sure they'll be back soon! I know I'm always glad to see "The Smellys" pop up on my Dashboard! Happy Tuesday to you!

The Christenson's said...

Our boxers also always hang out at the window. In fact, when I get home each day, I can see them in the window. Too cute! And nothing better than a nub-wagging boxer!! :)