Monday, August 30, 2010

Misc. Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
one. I just came back from a walk with Roxie. I walked out with a smile and a positive-it's-a-beautiful-day-look-at-me-walking-my-adorable-puppy attitude {this was my second walk for the day, I was feeling good} and I walked in with poop on my thumb, poop on my leg, poop on my shirt and throw up in my my throat. Roxie decided to take the biggest dump of her life on our walk. on the sidewalk. three mounds. in three different spots. I only had one tiny poop bag. Hence the poop on my thumb, my shirt and my leg. Oh yeah and the throw up in my throat from both the smell and the fact that it was all over me. At least they were logs...

two. Mistake of Summer 2010- blow drying hair with the AC on in the living room= blown fuse. The past few times I have done this I just left the house and went over to my parents for the day until Mr. B got home to fix it. {Lazy?? Me? No way!} Today, I didn't have that option. So I was going to face my fears, go into the basement {which I have never been in btw} and fix the fuse. Well, my courage only got me so far because I couldn't find the key to the basement anywhere. Turns out Mr. B put it on the keychain with the all our other keys.....you know, in case we need the key to our basement while we are out for dinner, or out of town, or at work- like today. These keys are currently residing in Boston, in his pocket in his office. Let me inform you...this fuse not only controls the AC, but it also controls the TV. This was a big deal. Thankfully my the landlord's wife was home so after knocking on her door about 15 times she finally opened the basement for me. I didn't realize she was going to stay with me the whole time so her presence alone pressured me and left me with no choice, but to find my inner man. I took a deep breath, walked down and felt at least 109 spiderwebs attack me and quickly flipped the switch. It worked. It wasn't that bad. Actually...it kind of was.
Reason number 108974 why I need my husband. I don't like finding/bringing out my inner man- it's hard to find and it's not very big.

three. Today is just one of those Mondays. I have experienced enough to understand that, hopefully I won't be reminded anymore through out the day.

four. We survived the crazy weekend. I am going to start making a video of the weekend, it will probably be ready in approximately...5 months. Maybe a year, who knows.

five. Sometimes when Roxie is sleeping, she is dreaming and twitching/running/jumping and I swear she is having a seizure. Not sure I would be able to tell the difference. She is doing that right now, so I thought why not add it to the list of silly information I am pulling out of my butt to make a post.

six. This weekend totally wiped me out, we got very little sleep and now I feel like my eyes are permanent puffy slits with big bags under them. So attractive, I know.

seven. I started the 30 Day Shred for the sixth time today! Anyone else re-starting/still doing it?? It really is so good, and I always see results when I do it and it's only 20 minutes- I just can't stick with it! Now I am off to have pizza for lunch because that's obviously the best way to see results. Well, at least they cancel each other out....at least a few bites anyways :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog via imtly... you are too cute! i just started the shred this past thursday (first time) and am loving it... bloggy accountability please! i'll be back!

Amanda said...

number 1 is stinkin hilarious! poor puppy! :) love this post!!

Rachel and John said...

My Rudy does that too! He poops then walks a bit and poops some more and on and on. WHY?
I recommend a poop bag holder that clips onto the leash. Then you have like 30 bags with you.

B said...

Oh gosh! My day doesn't even seem comparable to yours :( I'm sorry!

And yes, i'm in the same boat as you with the shred. I LOVE IT, but can't seem to stick with it. I like to call it laziness on my part...

Julianne Hendrickson said...

i agree, i love the poop bag holder! clyde poops in the middle of the street when there is perfectly good grass next to him--who knows why!

Natalie said...

I did a month of the shred and have only done it once since then!! I got sick of it. i should really do it again but i'm annoyed with jillian now : )

Abby said...

everyone needs an 'inner man' - ha! I was so lol. happy monday :)

Rebekah said...

I'm starting to get better at doing the man things around the house. It happens when my husband is away for 4 months! But I still don't like it. I love the Shred, but I have a hard time sticking with it. Life gets busy.

Kristin said...

Ugh! I read #1 way too early in the morning...my stomach wasn't awake yet, and now I don't think breakfast sounds very good...Sounds like a fun anniversary weekend you had though! Loved the story about your "inner man". Don't worry, mine's not very big and hard to find too...you're not alone! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars and saying hello :-)