Monday, August 23, 2010

Misc. Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
one. I only have 14 minutes left of battery on my laptop and I am too lazy to get the charger so I hope I can finish this in time.

two. This is my 102 post. I missed my 100th post so we will celebrate one.oh.two.

three. It's a lovely cold rainy Monday. It's only lovely when you have nothing to do and you get to stay at home in your sweats all day. Which I do. So it's lovely. Although I do have to watch the baby this afternoon that puts a slight damper on the loveliness, but he is good and he comes to my house and I pretty much get paid to watch tv and do my laundry and clean my house so there's really no complaint.

four. The effects of a busy Saturday and a rainy lazy Sunday....
the forecast for the next few days is also rainy so who knows if I'll ever get to these.

five. My parents have chickens and they have recently starting laying eggs. I don't like eggs, but Mr. B does. Apparently there is a big difference in taste between fresh and store bought. Looking at the difference in color, I can imagine there would be.

six. Puppy squirts are gone! We are back to the logs! Wohoo! Chicken and rice finally worked and now I mix a little yogurt with her food to help her digest more easily and we will gradually increase the amount we give her this time. {Oh and thanks for the tips! She is on the good food- Buffalo Blue, so it had nothing to do with any crap or fillers :)}

seven. I'm at 9 minutes left. Not sure if I can make it.

eight. Roxie's new favorite toy.


nine. What she is doing while I blog. Completely normal to have a blind cord hanging out of your mouth while people watching...
What else are you supposed to do for fun on a rainy day?

ten. I signed Mr. B and I up for something crazy to do with my mom because I love her so much and felt bad for her to go alone.

eleven. Tomorrow I am posting about our anniversary weekend. For realz.

twelve. 4 minutes left. I just need to edit real quick. I think I can make it.

thirteen. Not going to make it. Roxie needs to go out.

fourteen. I had to get the charger it was dying faster than expected. oh and turns out the charger was right next to me the whole time.

16 comments:

Rachel and John said...

You are hilarious!
Can't wait to hear about your anniversary weekend!

Jamie said...

haha I hate having to get up to get the charger too!

I'm not a fan of eggs either but if I was I'd definitely want fresh eggs!

Amber said...

Ha! Loved reading your thoughts as you raced against the clock.

So jealous you are at home in your sweatpants right now!

Find your favorite chick flick and curl up with pretty Miss Roxie. That's what I do on a rainy day!

katielipovsky said...

I found you via miscellany mondays :)

The eggs I buy are farm fresh and sometimes they have feathers on them. I try not to think about it...

Have a great anniversary weekend!

April said...

Oooh, fresh eggs are the best! They're also CONSIDERABLY healthier (just look at the color. white generic eggs are so anemic. those chickens aren't healthy.)

Also, I love your kitchen! That tile backslpash is so cute :)

Julianne Hendrickson said...

can't wait to hear about your weekend! roxie is too cute with her cord! my pup would have mangled it all up in about 10 seconds!!

Jillian said...

Love this post!! I wish it was cold and rainy here:)

Jeska said...

I love the picture of Roxie with the cord in her mouth like nothing was wrong with that haha! And wow what a difference in eggs!

Natalie said...

ok i know this is not what i'm supposed to be noticing but i love the backsplash in your kitchen--i've been wanting to install one SO bad!
roxie is just such a cutie!!

Al said...

SERIOUSLY you are adorable! Love this post :) My husband always wanted a chicken coop, cannot believe that difference! And I just celebrated my 100th post, so I wish you the best on your 102 :) Happy Monday!

Kristin said...

Happy 102 Mrs. J! So glad to hear that Roxie girl is feeling better. Jealous of your rainy cozy weekend (and today). Enjoy it to the full! Darn those chargers. I'd rather finish a blog post the next day, then go rummage around for the cord :-) Call me lazy! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars and saying "hi" today! It's always fun to find other fall fanatics! Happy Monday to ya...

joyfullgrace said...

Happy 102!! Totally cracked up at the pic of Roxie with the cord in her mouth ~ too funny!! This weekend will go down in the books as one to remember and I am so thankful you guys are coming with me!! We had yummy quiches tonight with the fresh eggs - With all these eggs I need more egg recipes!! LOL

Amanda said...

hello! i'm a new follower to your blog...i just found it today. i have enjoyed reading your posts so far. and your pup is so adorable!!!! :) xoxo

Erin W said...

You make me laugh! Roxie is adorable and is growing up so fast!
Ps. Don't you just HATE when things are right next to you the whole time and you miss it. Haha

pss. My verification word is "Frown"... that's not very nice. :(

Kassandra said...

Hey there! First off I can't even begin to tell you how adorable I think your puppy is hehe. Second I'm new to this whole blogging world when it comes to actually writing. I've been reading for awhile and finally said heck why not have your own. I think you seem like a awesome, silly (but in a good way) girl that I would love to get to know better!

I can't wait to hear about your Anniversary!

Kassandra

The Christenson's said...

I literally laughed out loud at the pics of Roxie with the blind cord hanging out of her mouth! Too cute and silly. Love.it. These misc Monday posts are fun to read.