Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Watermelon

My aunt was looking for someone to make a watermelon carriage for my cousin's baby shower.
Because I had never seen such a thing, or had any idea how to make one, I thought I would be the best candidate to take on such an important task for such a special day.
So obviously I volunteered myself.
Who wouldn't?
Oh, everyone else because who would do that and want that pressure?

Although I had never made {or seen} one before, I thought it sounded like fun.
Assuming I had the most time on my hands, I figured I could give it a try.
I found some tips online.
I proceded in confidence
And gave it a whirl.
And it was success on my first try.
I loved making this little masterpiece and was really pleased with how it came out.
Baby Emma's room is butterfly themed so I added a few to tie it all in.



Is that cute, or what??

12 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I am so impressed! It looks beautiful!

LWLH said...

That's adorable....great job

Jeska said...

Awesome! My sister's baby shower is coming up! cute idea

Mama Gorka said...

Wow very impressed!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! I've very impressed!

Amanda said...

wow! good job. that is simply adorable!!!!

Natalie said...

it's SO cute! I've never seen anything like it. adorable! when i have a baby i will hire you to make one for my shower : )

Julianne Hendrickson said...

absolutely adorable!!!

Abby said...

Wow! Great job!

Jayme said...

That came out adorable!

Vanessa said...

That is adorable. Great job! Also, where did you get those butterflies? My daughter's room is decorated in butterflies too and those are so cute :)

LauraAnn said...

Very, very impressive! You did an awesome job on the watermelon carriage!!!!