Friday, September 24, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Master Bedroom

Today over at Kelly's Korner, it's Show Us Your Life: Master Bedroom.
I wouldn't exactly call our bedroom a "Master" Bedroom, but seeing as we are the "masters" of the house, we can just roll with that title.
We just rearranged our bedroom a couple days ago and I like it so much better.
It is amazing how a room can feel so different just by doing that.
You know that feeling when you know a room isn't reaching it's full potential? Well, that was me with our bedroom- a change was needed.
I wouldn't say that it is now reaching it's full potential, but we rent this place-it's not our forever bedroom and there is really no need for it to reach it's full potential.

How's that for a motivational speech?

It also doesn't help that Roxie's crate takes up about 1/4 of our room. For real.

So anyways, here are the before pictures in horrible lighting and quality:

You walk into our room and see this, very little room between the door and the end-table/bed.

To the left you see this side of the room {my clothes are in the armoire}:

We added an accent wall {same color as the living room wall}

Looking from the opposite side of the door {Mr. B's clothes are in that little closet}

After:

We decided to get rid of the end tables, they were a waste of space and were used for about 3 sips of water before bed and other misc junk.

We moved the bed against the wall to save some more space. That's where I sleep and I don't mind- I never get up in the middle of the night, and when Ben leaves for work I kind of take over the whole bed anyways so for the most part I don't even notice a difference.
{Totally irrelevant side note- I do sleep on the outside on the weekends since I am the one that wakes up with Roxie in the morning. Just in case you were wondering.}

Yes, that's an empty frame. I've had it since High School, it was hanging in the spare bedroom with a bunch of old pictures in it. I took the pictures out, painted it to match our room and now I am looking for some new pictures to fill it with. This could be one of those projects where this remains on the wall like that forever and just becomes a unique piece of art- circle with various shapes inside. Who knows.

Btw, bought that armoire off craigslist for $50.

The other side of the room Let's pretend that it's opposite day. so that wall that is "accented" really means pretend it doesn't exist. So let's just ignore the fact that it has one tiny picture on it. Kthanks.

I also had this chest in my room in High School. It was periwinkle, we painted it brown while in Florida and made it our coffee table and now it is in our room and is a little storage unit. I am hoping to be crafty and buy some fabric and padding to put on the top to tie in with our room. But again...you know how home projects go.

Roxie's Master Bedroom.

How's the for creative? Let's stack our end tables and hope it looks like some sort of shelving unit. Call me a genius, if you really want to. I don't mind.

View from the door and puppy.

View from the kitchen.

We moved the shelf that we had in their out to the little "hallway" between the two bedrooms and it is just what that empty space needed.

{{Maybe I should call Roxie Waldo from now on...she seems to make it into almost every picture.}}
I am not sure I want to keep what's inside the basket, hence why it is currently unopened.
I am also printing a wedding picture to put in the frame instead of an engagement one.
That is what everyone signed at our wedding that has been hiding in the closet because I had no idea where to put such a "bold" piece of work. Hindsight, totally would've left a pen for people to sign with. A black marker is a little much.

So that's our little room. I am pretty sure this post is bigger than it.

Go link up and show us your bedroom!

7 comments:

Shelli said...

I have the same circle picture frame and was going to paint/reuse it one day! I like your master bedroom redo!!

Mrs. Carioca said...

I like the new furniture arrangement and I like the dog crate!

Jamie said...

I'm loving the comforter and that armoire!

LWLH said...

Cute room!
Are your nightstands from Ikea? I think we had the same ones but we used ours as end tables in the living room

Say said...

I like to see how you used the picture frame with all the signitures. It looks great. We did that at our wedding and I'm not sure where I want to put it! Your room is so cute!

Kelly said...

I can't believe I've never been to your blog before! Maybe I have and you just redid it? Crazy! Anyway, I have a lot of time on my hands all of the sudden so I'm making my way around blog world and I'm so glad I came upon yours!

I love, love, love Roxie's "master" bedroom - so cute! Your wedding "guest book" looks fabulous hanging up! I must find ours...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online buy xanax online 2mg - xanax no prescription needed