Friday, September 17, 2010

Show us your life: Living rooms

Today over at Kelly's Korner it's Show Us Your Life: Living Rooms.
This will work out nicely since I don't think I ever did a tour of our new place.
Our living room is fairly small.
Our whole apartment is small actually.
But it is perfect for us in this season of our life.

Everything in our house is pretty much from craigslist or ikea or something from a clearance section.
Gotta love great deals!

The front door leads right into our living room.
Right when you walk in this is what you see.
The living room leads into the kitchen.
Sidenote: If you can see in the back, the color scheme in the kitchen is teal and black. This is due to the fact that our kitchen came with a beautiful teal and black backsplash which ended up setting the color tone for the living room too. We tried giving the living room a different color scheme-I like the warm green, red, orange, yellow colors-but it really clashed since you can see the kitchen curtains and colors from the living room. Therefore my fall decor kinda clashes too, but fall is my favorite so who cares, right? Right.

To the left is our coat rack and shoe bin, TV and Roxie's little area.

The wall was a little bare in the corner, so I found this mirror on clearance at Home Goods for $12, then I bought the peg coat rack from the Mill Store and had Mr. B spray paint it with paint we already had. It's exactly what that spot needed and we were very pleased.
{And yes, I use all those purses depending on what is needed for the day-a big and brown, a medium that matches with everything and a small that matches with everything and also not pictured is a tiny Vera Bradley wallet thing that is my quick go-to.}

We love our TV stand from Ikea. It is actually a bookcase, that is sideways and mounted to the wall. We saw it like this on display and fell in love. Mr. B still needs to hide the cords underneath. One of the many projects that will get done "one day". We would really like to get a bigger TV for in here too, we are farther away from our TV in this apartment than our one in Florida so now this feels a little small. But of course it will do for now and is pretty much the last thing on our list to buy.
I also just got that monogrammed plate while in Texas, it was my first time in and my first purchase at a Hobby Lobby. {Technically I didn't purchase it, my mother-in-law did- thanks Mama K!} I always read about how much everyone loves that place- now I see why and I really wish we had one up here!

This is my favorite little basket I bought at Marshall's for like $7.
It comes in handy and matches our decor perfectly.

To the right is our couch.
And where you will also be greeted by a cute little pup who is currently wondering why I am flashing a "toy" all over the living room.

You will also find the most comfortable couch in the world.
This was an amazing craigslist buy- it was in excellent condition and came with a leather ottoman for just $250! Definitely one of my best craigslist buys...and trust me I have had a lot.
It is the perfect shape that we needed for our size/style living room- we love it.
We moved the ottoman into the spare room to give Roxie and the baby I watch more playing space, but it looks nice in here too.
{{Someone's little nub made it into the picture...}}

That window next to the couch is Roxie's favorite spot and where she is known for sucking on the blind cord while people watching. {Also my favorite spot to people watch- I usually don't suck on the blind cord though. We live right across from a park and a pond so it's really hard not to people watch.}

Happy Friday!!
Go link up- I love seeing everyone's different decor.

**It's a cold rainy day here, I think I should probably shower before it's already time for Mr. B to get home and I look like a nasty lazy wife...but I may or may not change into a new pair of PJs after my shower...aren't those the best days?

10 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks great! Couches like that are the best :)

Courtney said...

I love it! And I LOVE that couch! It looks SO comfy!

Caitrin said...

I was tagged on The Tale of this Newlywed for the 8 questions too and thought I would stop by to say hi! I love your blog- it is very cute! And now I am your newest follower as well :)

Natalie said...

it's adorable!! you've done a great job! : ) I love all of your baskets and your t.v. stand is really neat! And wow your couch was such a steal! I love sectionals and it looks amazingly comfortable! : ) I will have to go link up my living room post from the summer's home tour!!!

Anonymous said...

Jordan!
The pics look great. You are gifted!

Mama K

Texas pics?????

Mrs. Carioca said...

I love your home!

LWLH said...

Your living room is so cute...I love your couch!

Lindsey said...

i love what you did for the tv stand! we are in the process of looking for a new tv stand for the man cave - and since it only took us 3 years to find one that i like for the living room - i can only imagine what it will take us for downstairs - but i love the idea of a sideways bookshelf! thanks for sharing

Jillian said...

Cute!! Love the mirror!!

Abdo said...

You might wanna check out craigseasy if you're not enjoying going through pages and pages of listings without seeing the full scale picture.