Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Game Day/ T2T

 Sunday was the big day- Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots.
 It would be an even bigger day if the Bills were actual competition for the Pats, but it's fun to pretend it's a big deal {any excuse for a little party and good food is fine with me!}

A little background: Mr. B's parent's grew up in NY and are huge Bills fans. Therefore, Mr. B grew up a Bills fan even though he has lived most of his life in NH. Side note: The Bills are one of the worst teams in the NFL- typically losing almost every game. The Pats are a good team. Mr. B and his dad can't stand the Pats. Bitter much? Drives me nuts.

My family grew up in NH and we are Pats fans. The defininition of "fan" varies between our two families. We don't get all decked out or go to any games, or know every player so therefore we are not true fans. Whatever. I admit that I am not the biggest fan, but I stay true to the Pats because I like to rep where I am from. I think it's fun. I am a fan. getoverit.

This has caused much controversy in our sweet little marriage, but we won't get into that. 
Being the loving wife that I am, I usually sport my Bills jersey on Sundays for the games, but since we were at my parents' house this Sunday watching both teams,  I couldn't be 100% for the Bills.
Hence why I call myself a Biltriots fan. 

Well...we have now become a Biltriots family
Mr. B put his pride aside and allowed our cute little pup to represent the Pats.
How could he say no to this??





It was actually a fairly close game, but the Bills did lose. 
Something I have become very use to.
Why you want to be for a team that always loses, I have no idea. 
Apparently that shows a lot about character and being a true fan.
Whatever. 
But, it makes me feel better that Roxie can bridge the gap.
When Smelly Babies come along that will be another story, but I can only hope it will be the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today's Top Two over the the undomestic momma is your two favorite songs.
I was torn if I should do my fav of all-time or currently.
I went with currently because it's the easiest for my brain at the moment.
I also went with the Christian genre because that was also the easiest at the moment.
And they are such good songs. I was thinking it will most likely have a better impact than sharing "Tootsie Roll" or "Hillbilly Bone".  Who knows, I could be totally wrong, but I'll go with my gut.

{one} New favorite. Starry Night by Chris August. Have you heard it?? If not listen.now. I even chose the video with the lyrics so you can see for yourself how awesome this song is.



{two} Not so new, but all-time fav. Revelation Song by Kari Jobe. These words have so much power.




One last thing: the weather for the week. Oh, and Friday has now changed to rain too. So you can bet that I will be in some form of sweats/pjs every day and not even laying eyes on the 30 Day Shred.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

roxie looks adorable : ) Last Christmas my mom got Ellie a dog jersey for the broncos. She looks so cute in it!!
I love Revelation Song!! : ) Have a great Tuesday!

Just Brandi said...

aww great family photo of you 3! Now all you need is a tiny baby complete with a matching jersey! ;)

Rachel and John said...

Aw cute!
I haven't heard either of those songs before and I love them both! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel and John said...

oh the scond video doesn't work for me...but I'm going to youtube it.

Allison said...

Good choices Starry Night is my ringtone right now, loooove it!!!

Hilary said...

I'm not an NFL fan at all, but I have to pull for CJ Spiller on the Bills because he's a Clemson grad!

Rachel said...

Visiting from Top 2 Tuesday... Love both of these songs so very much! KLove has been playing Starry Night a good bit, and the song is SO catchy! And of course, Revelation Song is also one of my favorites of all time! Such a powerful prayer! Thanks for sharing :)

B said...

Bahaha Biltriots... love it! And i'm also so in love with Revelation Song (was one of my picks too!) It's amazing. Hope you're having a great week :)

Anonymous said...

Some things just go with the mArriage contract, J! Such as my love for the Bills, it has grown on me. Love the pics of Roxie!


Love ya-

Mama K

Kristin said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from Top 2!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

cait said...

Love Starry Night too! I just posted about it last week. Thanks for stopping by my blog...so glad to find yours! Love it!