Monday, September 20, 2010

Misc. Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{one} The fall TV line-up officially begins tonight! Super excited about that...although I wish we had two DVRs because I don't think I will be able to record everything. Hmm does that say something about me? Is two the limit because if you need to tape more than two shows at one time then you may watch too much TV? Good thing we at least have two TVs so that I can tape some shows and then watch another in bed. Phew! Glad that is figured out. Priorities, people.

{two} This weekend I decided we needed to rearrange our bedroom. I just couldn't stand the lay out any more. With a room so small there wasn't too much we could do. I convinced Mr. B, we changed some things around and it is like a completely different room and we now have way more space. More space also means more decor needed. Hey, I'm not complaining about that one.

{three} Proverbs 26:11 "As a dog {unless you are a boxer named Roxie} returns to their vomit..." A couple days ago Roxie drank a bunch of water too fast right after eating and ended up throwing her food up. She looked at it, sniffed it and walked away. While cleaning it up I said to my mom, "ummmmm isn't she supposed to eat this so I don't have to clean it up??" Last night, Roxie did the same thing and threw up her food in a few different places and I hear Mr. B in the kitchen "Roxie, eat it! Eat it!" ha! I know you may think we are being lazy, but dogs eating their throw up is biblical afterall so we are just trying to raise her right ;)

{four} The weather here has been ah.maze.ing. I love fall so much. It has been mid 70s sunny and a cool breeze. So refreshing!

{five} We bought a second car this weekend. It feels so good to finally have a car again. Even if I don't have any where to go, just knowing it is sitting there in the driveway if needed brings a smile to my face. A sense of freedom. In a couple of months we will see what the expenses of two cars does to this smile and sense of freedom...

{six} Tonight is the first night of the women's Bible study at my church. We are doing Kay Arthur- The Covenant. It is apparently really in depth and not a finish-5-pages-of-homework-an -hour-before-the-study-type thing so it will definitely be challenging and take discipline, but I am really looking forward to it.

{seven} I can't think of anything else to say, but I didn't want to end on six.

12 comments:

Courtney said...

I just commented but my computer did something weird so I'm not sure if you got it? So I'll just comment again :)

Ugh. You are SO lucky that it has been in the 70's! It's been in the 90's here lately in GA and I'm HATING it! :( I've never been more ready for Fall!

JaggedLittleJenn said...

SO EXCITED FOR TV THIS WEEK!! Here is a tip... almost all of the networks have full eps online a few days (or even the very next day!) for free! They usually pull em off a week or two after airing but if you are tivo-less & cable-less like me... it works out nicely : )

Rebekah said...

I cannot wait for the fall shows to start! It's sad how hooked we can be. We don't have a DVR anymore since we moved and I'm really going to miss it!

Rachel and John said...

I'm so excited for fall TV! And I can't wait to hear more about your car! What kind? What color?

Charlie said...

just found your blog! love it!

congrats on the car. having the option to get up and go somewhere is a MUST!

Natalie said...

the weather here has been SO nice! it was in the 50's this weekend and then today i wore a sweater dress and boots and it was 85!!! oh man...ridiculous! i think i got too excited for fall there : ) Congrats on the new car! That is so exciting. And our dogs would definitely eat their puke if we would let them. Im afraid it will just make them throw up again though : )

Caitrin said...

Oh I am in the same predicament: why does your DVR have to limit you to recording 2 shows at a time?!?!? My husband always gets so mad when he trys to go watch something but cant because we are recording too many things- and that typically happens about 5 out of the 7 nights each week :)

Jamie said...

I'm excited for all the premieres this week too :)

I'm so ready for it to be 70 degrees and breezy down here in Georgia but that probably won't happen until November!

Hope you've had a great day :)

Amanda said...

i love this post! i wish i had your weather! it has been soooo hot here! yuck!

LauraAnn said...

Oh my gosh! I am sooooooo excited for the fall TV line up! Thank goodness for Hulu because whatever I can't DVR, I will watch on Hulu.

I was cracking up in regards to the Bible verse about dogs eating their vomit. My youngest dog will eat his vomit if he gets sick. It grosses me out but at least I don't have a huge mess to clean up. I guess he is following the Word......even though he is pretty evil. lol

Kristin said...

...and the worst commenter of the week goes to...KRISTIN from Windy Poplars! I've been here popping in I promise, just being a stalker and not commenting :-(...BUT, I have reformed and have determined to do better, so here goes: 1. Love your living room from last week - esp. your couch! Fabbo! 2. Thanks for joining up w/ TPoTP. I look forward to it growing and really becoming a resource for great reading! 3. It's amazing how rearranging furniture can make your room seem so much bigger, isn't it? 4. Congrats on the new car! That's exciting! 5. Hope your new Bible study goes well. I've never done any Kay Arthur before... 6. I guess my dog is a Biblical pooch b/c he does indeed return to his vomit (gross). 7. I LOVED that pic that you put up for Wordless Wednesday! Ha! Got a great laugh out of it! 8. My hubby and I are flying up to Boston and coming up to NH next month. Wanna meet up? 9. Happy Tuesday to ya!

Laina Scott said...

Precept studies are hard work but SO amazing! It brings a new level to "digging into the Word". Enjoy!