Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

These are my thoughts while getting ready this morning that I just felt the need to share. Because clearly they are post-worthy.

I hate when you are shaving your armpits and you realize that one day, probably when you were really tired and not paying attention, you shaved a little bit farther than usual. Therefore, you have a few strands either higher or lower than the normal perimeter due to the fact that they are not trimmed in your every day stroke. When taking care of these, now long dark strands, it is inevitable that the shaved area doubles in size each time therefore creating more strands that will be missed for the next few weeks. All because of one mistake. Wonderful.


Sometimes I wonder what the back of my thighs look like, seeing as though I am not the most flexible person and turning sideways and backwards or down and under is too much work for this lady to shave. I have shaved it occasionally though so who knows, it could look like those little strands in my armpit. Except maybe with a lot of strands. Sexy.

Plucking eyebrows= bound to get carried away. This morning I decided to try and give my eye brows a "shape". Which of course turned into thin, uneven, one side shorter than the other, one side higher than the other, one side thicker than the other... you know, basically the perfect "shape" I was going for. Which is also the result of one mistake, one bad pluck that messes up the whole thing.

I love when you wear shorts 4 days in a row. By the 4th day they finally fit you perfectly and make you feel like you lost some weight. When in reality it's actually your fat that has been stretching it out. But that's okay, no need to be a pessimist. We can pretend that my thighs have actually shrunk after just one day of the Shred, right? Right. Thanks.

I wrote the mailman a note from Roxie today. Another milestone reached in becoming one of those dog people. He gives her a bone every day, even if we aren't home he will leave her one in the mailbox and I think it is so sweet. So I gave him a little thank you note and was really torn on who it should be from. So, I guess it's legit: I have crossed over to the other side if I am writing a note from my dog.

I dread seeing people you haven't seen in a while because to them it is obvious if you have are looking, lets say...a little more plump and healthy, if you will. The people in your every day life claim you look the same, but it's these people that can really tell. Unfortunately {or fortunately, really} they don't say anything about it to your face. But you always wonder...

Some people might hope that one day of the shred is enough to make the difference for those people not to realize you may or may not have gained weight since the last time you saw them.

Mr. B and I are going to Texas for the long weekend to visit his family. Just in case you were wondering what brings about these random thoughts for the day. Well, it explains some of them anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend!
We are looking forward to a mini- vaca in TX {minus the heat!!}
Looking like babies {I know we still look young now, but I'd say we have at least moved to the toddler stage}, celebrating our 3 year dating anniversary on our last visit to TX in December 2008

5 comments:

Amanda said...

this post is so funny!!! :) have a good weekend!

Jordan said...

Oh wow, you do look like babies (long hair always does that too). Don't worry, hubby and I also look approx. 15 :) Funny post! I like the randomness!

LWLH said...

This post made me laugh because I think the same things sometimes esp. with the shorts.

Rachel and John said...

I find that with my arm pits too. I have 1 hair that is so low that I don't always see it and then when I do it's about a foot long. Not really a foot but long enough that I'm glad my husband didn't notice and get grossed out.

Unknown said...

Haha, I totally agree! I hate that with the armpits...at least I'm not alone. And because it made me laugh because I totally could relate, I am your newest follower.