Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top Two Tuesday: Things to accomplish


Today's topic for T2T: Things you want to accomplish before the end of the year.

This is a very easy one for me.

1. Make a little smelly baby. We really want to expand our family, and I want nothing more than to be a mommy. In His timing we know it will happen....but we would like it to be "accomplished" before the end of this year. Please?

2. Money. First, we need to tithe correctly. This is something we really struggle with, but are determined to do. We really need to start tithing right when we get paid. If we don't....somehow the money disappears. We then end up paying a huge lump sum, which is zero fun let me tell you. It's a lot easier to write a check for $100 then to write one for $1000. The fact of the matter is- it isn't even our money to begin with so the whole mentality of not wanting to give right now because then we can't have such and such needs to be thrown out the window. We are so blessed and we need to give back. first. Secondly, along the lines of money I would really like to:
1. Get back to and stick with the "cash life"
2. Put some money into savings
3. Who am I kidding? First it would be nice to have money in our checking account, then have extra to be able to put in savings.

I feel confident we can accomplish these! We have 3 months left...we better get on it!

What are some things you would like to accomplish??

12 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Oh a little smelly baby would be so cute! I hope your prayers are answered!

Lindsay Thomas said...

I'm with you on BOTH! Babies and tithing. For sure.

Natalie said...

that is awesome : ) I think that of course my first one would be the same too!

PattyAnn said...

Oh, good luck with those things! All in due time, I suppose God knows better than any of us right? Thanks for stopping by, I'm lovin' your blog.

Jillian said...

We are so bad at tithing too:( I know how you feel!

Amanda said...

i hope you get #1 really soon! :)

Abby said...

Good for you, girl! Can't wait til there's a little smelly baby to read about too :)

Anonymous said...

Yes to both! :) Smelly baby would be adorable!!

Emily said...

yay for making a lil baby:) Praying for you guys and your lil journey to parenthood:) U will have an adorable lil babe

Amber said...

Your attitude about tithing is exactly correct - it isn't our money anyway. I find the more freely and happily I give my money to the Lord, the more He blesses us financially. It's always funny that way.

Oh I hope you make a baby! That would be the best thing ever! :)

Hilary said...

I completely agree with #2! It's especially hard for us if we skip a week, because that money disappears quick!

I left you something on my blog!

Kelly said...

I will add you to my prayers and pray along with you for a baby! Our kids are my greatest accomplishment and in the few minutes I just spent "getting to know you" I am certain you will be in the same camp with me!

I'm with you on tithing - it is SO much easier to do it regularly than to have to catch up!