Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Top Two Tuesday: Hair Products


Today's topic for T2T is yo top 2 hair productssss.
This is pretty easy for me seeing as I am cheap and I also don't do a lot to my hair.
Mama Grace on the other hand, uses a million different hair products and I am sure she could hand out a whole list.
Thankfully, I am blessed with thick, soft, straight hair so it's usually pretty easy to handle.
I am honored to inherit many wonderful traits of my mom, but I thank the Lord above that I didn't inherit her thick coarse hair.

Anyways, my two every day hair products are:



{one} Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine. I put this on after I towel dry my hair {and sometimes after I blow dry it} and it makes my hair all silky and soft. You have to be careful not to put too much in though or it will look greasy.

{two} Chi Straightener. This is a fairly new product for me and it has changed my life. I bought it this summer off of craigslist {of course!} from a salon that went out of business. It was brand new, in the box and selling for $65! I had a real cheap conair straightener before, and this is like 109089078947 times better. I am amazed every time. Of course now I can't wait until my hair is long enough to curl, but for now this does the job and I love it and use it almost every day. My hair is naturally straight, but this makes it nice and flat, it makes it appear longer which I am all for. On the days that I don't have time or energy to straighten it, I am amazed at how big my hair is- I forgot!

{A perfect example, of tired ol' me in Texas. I went to bed with my hair wet and in a bun, woke up with crazy hair as seen on the right. Didn't feel like showering {don't judge}, and abracadabra or however it is spelled, in less than 10 minutes I look like a clean fresh new girl. As far as smelling like a clean fresh girl, we will leave that up to deodorant and perfume. My blog name is Smelly Wife after all. What can I say, sometimes I feel compelled to live up to my blog alias.}


What are your top two hair products?


7 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

I just tried to comment but I think my blogger messed up...anyways! Your hair is gorgeous! Im jealous of your major steal on the Chi!

PattyAnn said...

I'm with you on the Chi! And since I also love it so much a good deep conditioning treatment.

Natalie said...

i couldn't live without my chi! i have naturally curly hair and every other straightener either pulls it out or makes it frizzy or takes FOREVER because I have so much hair! you're lucky to have naturally nice hair : )

Jamie said...

I had a Chi then it kinda died on me so I got a Paul Mitchell straightener :) I love both of them and definitely couldn't live without one!

AndreaLeigh said...

garnier makes a great mask for deep conditioning! you should try it out.

Jennifer Gilbert Settle said...

I also love my chi & am jealous that you made your hair straight in 10 minutes!

Hollie said...

my straightener just bit the dust and i have to buy a new one pronto! i never thought of looking for one on craigslist! GREAT idea!!!