Monday, September 13, 2010

Misc. Monday : Roxie Edition

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} Yesterday was the perfect Sunday- we got chinese, put on our sweats and relaxed all day. Mr. B watched football game after football game mixed in with a little playstation football and I fixed my blog and organized some pictures. It's nice to have a day like that every once in a while. Ok fine, I'll be honest, I typically have that more than once in a while. It's really more like a few times a week...but it's nice to have it with my hubby beside me every once in a while.
{two} What do you think of my new layout?? My other background was no longer on photobucket for some reason {did anyone see how crazy it looked?} Thankfully Mama K let me know because I had no idea! I wanted to update it anyways with pics of our new furbaby, so it all worked out in the end!

{three} I am so bummed because I finally have iPhoto back on my computer and now I can't find my camera cord. Ugh. Hate when that happens.

**Now for the real Roxie Edition**

{four} Roxie is up to the norm. Still looking out the window and sucking on the blind cord. I know these look the same as a few weeks ago, but seriously I just took them this morning. What a fruitloop.
{five} I thought she wanted to go for a walk outside, since she spent most of the morning with her head in the window. But, she made it clear that she had other plans and would rather stay in and watch TV {thank you Jesus for a puppy after my own heart. What my jeans don't fit? Why??}. This is not a set up or props, people. She did this all on her own. Impressive, right?

{six} Roxie was sniffing at my slipper yesterday and I couldn't resist not letting her play with it. Dogs + Slippers- it's a stereotype. How could I say no?? I was proud of her for reaching a new milestone.
{seven} Roxie has the loudest/cutest farts. Human-like farts. It makes me giggle all through out the day, because yes, I am that mature. The downside is the intoxicating air that quickly follows and constricts your breathing ability, but the fact that she just lays there and lets them rip like it's nobodies business is quite comical. I wish I could get it on camera, because I am sure you are dying to see such footage, but it's so sporadic throughout the day that I don't think it is possible. Sorry.

{eight} I'll end on this note because I am curious. What do you call farts? I don't like the word "fart", we used to say "toot" growing up. I have heard "fluff" and thought that was cute and appropriate. So send me some ideas, I'm looking for a new word. And to ease your mind, yes my life is that exciting that I listen to my puppy fart all day and I am looking for some new words for a fart. Jealous?

18 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Oh Miss Roxie is super cute!
Do you use a harness to walk her? Just curious.
Be careful with your slippers. Soon she'll be eating your shoes when you look away, including all your favorite pairs!

Amber said...

I call it "fluffing" - or at least when a female does it. I dont' fart, I fluff. :)

I think fluffing is a boxer thing. Because my boxers have HORRIBLE gas and they sound just like humans oto. It's crazy!

Love the new layout. Looks fabulous!

Courtney said...

Roxie is adorable!! I love how she chews on the blind cord! HAHA.

My uncle had a boxer named Brandy who passed away a few years ago and she was just the sweetest thing! I love Boxers!

When I was growing up, my family called farting "tooting". HAHA. Or "pooting". :)

Rebekah said...

Roxie is just precious! I love that she sucks on the blind cord. Too funny!

Amanda said...

I've been reading for a few weeks now, but I don't think I've ever commented before. I used to babysit some kids that called passing gas "bumping", and recently I met some kids at church that call it "shooting a bunny" LOL! Anyway I love your posts. Roxie is adorable!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I think you got lots of approval on the new layout from Roxie's face!! hah -- It's great btw!

Natalie said...

Love the new layout---looks fabulous!! : )
I call it farting or tooting to little kids. My dog always farts when she jumps up to look out the window or something. something about being in the vertical position makes her fart haha!
p.s. thanks for your sweet comments : ) We def. should live closer and be irl friends!!

LWLH said...

Love the new layout! :)
I call it farting or tooting....I don't really know of anything else.

Kristin said...

Oh! I love your Fall look here Ms. J! So cozy and adorable. Roxie is such a little ham how she loves to look out the window and suck on the cords :-) I've sure enjoyed your back-to-blogging posts lately. Haven't had much reading time this week, but just caught up today.- I'm like you, I don't like "fart". It sounds so red-neck or uneducated to me for some reason...yet, I haven't found any good replacements. "Fluff" or "pass wind" sometimes, or when we're trying to be snobbish and like we're from London, "the vapors". Hope you find a good one (and pass it along to us).

Just Brandi said...

i say "shooting off air biscuits"

haha

New Mommy!!! said...

We said "Fluff" in my family growing up. That is what I say. I hate the F**T word. I can't even spell it out,ha.

I LOVE the NEW blog layout. LOVE IT!!

Sounds like you had a FAB day!! Those days are so nice.

Your lovie is too cute sucking on the bling cord, HA!! I LOVE it!! I can only imagine her bad toots. Our black lab Diez is pretty bad too sometimes, ha!

I LOVE those pics of him! Too cute. I would say be careful with the slippers as well. Eeeeek, I shuddered. But, maybe she's a good girl though! What a sweetie!

Jillian said...

I don't know if I can use "toot" because I call Emerson that sometimes!! When Em "farts" I say you made a stinky! But that is for babies not adults!I just say excuse me!!!

Amanda said...

your new layout is soooooo cute! i love it so much. chinese food is so yummy. and i'm pretty sure we always say "fart"!! haha!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

you are hysterical! I always say "toot" ha...no idea why--it certainly isn't all that great of a word! Love the new layout:)

Mrs. Pick said...

I love this post! Tooting (what I use) is definitely a boxer thing! You described it perfectly! I thought you were talking about my boy, Ali!

Lindsey said...

love your new layout - so cute for the fall!

Mrs. S said...

hey lady!
new follower here- love your blog!
Roxie is sp cute!

LauraAnn said...

I love Roxie stories! She is so adorable! :-)