Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Steammmy

Well, the results are in....


I am very pleased with my steam mop.

Our floors look so clean and new!

It's a little hard to tell because our tiles have natural blotches of dark in them, which comes in handy when you hardly clean your floors.

But that won't be necessary anymore, now it's actually kind of annoying because when it is really clean it still looks a little dirty. 


I've been a fan of steam mops because I love how well it cleans with zero chemicals. 

It's amazing.

From what I researched this Eureka one gets quite a bit hotter than the Shark and the Bissell therefore not just cleaning the areas, but disinfecting them as well. 

It's super easy to use.

It dries so quickly, no need to make sure no body {or paws} walk on your just cleaned floor.

I didn't notice any streaks.

The water lasts about 15 minutes- which is great for our place since it's not very big. 



At the moment, my only negative is that it's not too great at getting the corners. It just takes some extra finagling {I can't believe I spelled that right on my first try}.

All in all Mr. B and I were very impressed and we love our clean floors.



We also learned some lessons along the way.

Like don't leave the mop standing on the wood floors while vacuuming an area real quick.


That whole "the steam is so hot it kills germs" thing...it is also so hot it takes wax off the floor.

This was in the manual btw.

I read it. 
Mr. B didn't. 

You live and you learn.

I also wish I took a picture of the cloth, maybe I will post it another day, but ewww.

It was once white and quickly became black. 

So the moral of the story- if you are looking for a steam mop, but still a little unsure, I would get this one. 

It is only $68 so it's not completely breaking the bank.

It definitely works and it's super easy to use. 

And you will enjoy your brand new looking floors.

Unless of course you melt them. 

Oh and I have never had to say anything like this, but I know other people say it so I will too just to be safe. I am not being compensated for this review, although it would be really cool if I was.  This is just a product that I found and love and felt the need to share :)

And here's a really dumb video.  This area took a couple minutes to get this area real clean because it was so dirty. Those are little scuff marks from some wheels on a an island. And also please ignore the drip marks all down the wall. My rootbeer spilled one day....apparently I forgot to clean the wall. But this gives you an idea of how it works. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I am going to have to check it out. I hate actually mopping! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Y'all got married on my b-day.. Yaya! :)

Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing this. I've been really curious about a steam mop because I HATE mopping, and I also like to go light on the chemical bit b/c of the animals...I'm going to have to check into one of these little beauties!

Amanda said...

i have been wanting one of these mops soooo bad! thanks for the review! hopefully one day i can get myself one! haha!