Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Day

After almost two years,

I am finally getting a steam mop and it should be arriving any moment.


No, it hasn't been in the process of shipping for two years.

That would be crazy.

I have had my eye on getting one ever since I got sucked into one of those super-convincing-gotta-have-it-how-have-I-been-living-without-it-infomercials.

I convinced my mom to get one.

I convinced my mother-in-law to get one.

And now my time has come.

Of course, after two years, some minor details have changed like which steam mop I have chosen to grace our household with.

It's not the Shark like Mama Grace.

It's not the Bissell like Mama K.

It's surprisingly the Eureka Envirosteam.

Less expensive than both of those.

And supposedly works a lot better.

Now I feel kind of bad for them.

But it's fleeting because I am too excited for mine.

Maybe I will post some before and after pictures,

if I get the results I am hoping for.

Our kitchen is in major need of a steam mop makeover lift.

I don't think that makes sense, I think those two words- makeover lift-  are an "either/or" situation but I am sure you get my drift.

Do any of you have a steam mop??

Which one?

Love it?

Hate it?

Well, I keep checking the tracking for this wonderful mop and it has been in my city since 6 AM.

So I now keep checking out the window.

It's still not here yet.

Any moment....

It's the little things in life :)




Update: 5 minutes after I publish.....
She's herrrrrre.

8 comments:

Hilary said...

I have the Shark! It's not a miracle worker, but it takes all the work out of a traditional mop with the annoying bucket of water and drying time. I usually add a SMIDGE of body spray/room spray to the water (it uses plain tap water, so I figure if that won't clog it up, the tiny bit of spray won't hurt) and it makes the house smell nice. Supposedly you can use it on the carpets too, but you're not supposed to use it without the rag attachment, and all it does is ball up when you use it on carpet, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Good luck with yours!

Mama B said...

I just bought this exact steam mop last week! It worked really well on our hardwood floors! I also did the kitchen floors, which is laminate tile, and it worked pretty well, just left a few streaky marks. But, I think you can really only see them when the light shines on them a certain way...and b/c I'm anal like that. ;)

Good luck with yours! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Rebekah said...

I'm in need of a steam mop, but since our kitchen isn't huge and that's the only place I would use it, I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Rachel and John said...

I love my shark! I've only used it once, but I think it's great! I bet yours will be great too!

Jessica said...

I too have been pining after one for awhile and have not taken the plunge yet! Can't wait to hear how it works for you!

Abby said...

Oooh, do let me know how you like it! I'd love one!

Michelle said...

So anxious to hear what you think! We've been debating one for ages & have yet to take the leap. I keep hearing people who either LOVE it or HATE it so it has me leery.

Anonymous said...

So, what do you think? Do I change and buy thE one you just got???

Mama K