Friday, February 4, 2011

Three Important Announcements

1. Ben tested negative for Celiac Disease. I never thought we would be bummed about this news, ha! We were. We were really hoping this would be the culprit. So now we are back to square one, which sucks. A lot. But we are still trying to remain hopeful! I am so thankful that we can put our faith and worries in the hands of the Lord. Of course, it is in our  human nature to question and to be frustrated, but knowing that He has a perfect plan gives us some peace. And I sound like a broken record, I know. But I kind of feel like this season of our life is like that too so that's just how it works out at the moment :) 

2. Samoas are not cut from the Girl Scout cookie list!!!! There was rumor that Samoas didn't make the list and I was about to throw a hissy fit. Or maybe I did.  My mind could not even fathom why they would pick Do-Si-Dos over Samoas. They already got rid of my favorite, Juliets, years ago...now this?! I was feeling confident that the end of the world was near. But fear not, Mama G confirmed that that was a rumor and we can resume back to our normal life knowing that the chocolate-coconut-party-in-the-mouth-goodness will be returning. Thank you Jesus.


3. Tomorrow is a day of prayer and fasting at our church. The day will be cut into different segments of prayer and worship. Please let me know if you have any prayer request! I know I have my list, and it's a list that seems to get longer each day and I would love to lift up anything that you need prayer for too. It can be specific, it can be vague, it can be praise, it can be healing...anything. Please let me know through comment or email. 
We would love to pray for you and strengthen the body of Christ and carry each others' burdens. 

8 comments:

Rissy said...

phew I am glad I didn't hear that samoa rumor... I may have done something crazy like buy 15 boxes.. hmm maybe I will still do that

JaggedLittleJenn said...

I LOVED JULIETS TOO!!!! and Lemon Chalets...

Melissa said...

i love that the three important things are your husband's health, prayer & fasting...and COOKIES! HAHA! But i understand! Samoa's are my very favorite girl scout cookie! Maybe my favorite cookie PERIOD! SO GOOD! I am glad i didn't hear that rumor till now! :)

Megan said...

Samoas and the PB/Choco ones are the best. Did you know they make samoa ice cream. Shya!

Jessica said...

Glad to hear the good news about your hubby though I know you're discouraged in not having an answer to the baby making question :)

Samoas are my all time fave cookie too!

I would very very much appreciate it if you could pray for my youngest brother Eric. He is going through a tumultous time in his life and he's shut his family out of it. If you could pray for protection and hopefully some insight into the situation I would be ever grateful.

Thanks!

Courtney said...

Oh thank God they didn't get rid of Samoas!! Those are my favorite girl scout cookie! Mmm! :o)

Aspiring Kennedy said...

ah, i had almost forgotten about samoas. only my favorite cookies ever. i would be devastated if they got rid of them.... even though i have no hope that i'll be eating any around england for quite some time. i just need to know they'll still be there when i get back! :)

Melissa Jo said...

I'm so glad to hear that Samoas weren't cut from the list, YUMM!