Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blank

So I know it's about time for a new post,

but I've got nothing to say.

I can't think of anything to write about.

So when in doubt, stick to the random-are-you-seriously-writing-about-that-list.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

These are my American Idol favs. I vote for them every week with a simple text.

I truly believe one of them will win. I think my love for them is pretty close, but I think I would have to say I love Scotty just a tiny tiny bit more. He is so good and makes me laugh.

 via

Isn't Lauren totally DJ from Full House??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I really need to paint my nails. This is what they currently look like and it's driving me nuts. 
 Fingers look weird sometimes. I am hoping it's all fingers and not just me...

Also, I splurged before vacation {which reminds me I never blogged about- wohoo there's another post!} and I bought my first bottle of O.P.I. Actually, I bought 2 bottles because it was buy one get one 50% off so I had to. And now? I'm hooked. I already bought a new color and I can see this quickly becoming an addiction. Technically, I am already addicted to buying nail polish- but it's different when the bottles are $1 and when they are $8.50. So I will try my best to contain myself.
 I also bought the O.P.I no chip stuff and the top coat quick dry and get this...it doesn't seem to work with other brands. 
Is that sneaky or what?? 
So of course I have no other option, but to buy the good stuff now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I really need to go do my hair. My straightener has been on for over an hour now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also should put away the laundry that has been sitting in the basket since Monday. Just for the record- it is folded. If that makes any difference, I don't know. But it makes me feel a little better about myself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I keep watching Extreme Couponing and wishing I could kind of be like that. So I googled double couponing in NH and....Shaw's does double couples!! 
Shaw's is always the more expensive grocery store, but they do have some great deals sometimes and if I can double a coupon then I will be making one tiny step closer to becoming a good couponer. 
So I am gonna try and start that soon and see if it gets me anywhere. 
They are the only grocery store in NH that does it and thankfully they are the closest to my house so I hope it works out!
If you don't know if any around do it- google it!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today is Maundy Thursday and we are having a service at our church tonight. I can't recall ever actually doing anything on this day. Typically we had a Good Friday service at school and then of course Easter Celebration at church, but I don't think I have ever done anything in remembrance of "Holy Thursday", the Last Supper, the darkness, the pain, the weight of the world, etc. I think it will be a great time of reflection, truly remembering what this holiday is about and what really took place for me. We have been doing a book club at the church called "One Thousand Gifts" and the premise is basically about finding joy and thanksgiving in your every day life, in every situation. {Highly recommend this book btw!} She gave many example of Jesus always giving thanks in every circumstance, one scripture in particular was Luke 22:19 "And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying " This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me". Even when Jesus knew he would be crucified He gave thanks.  It's pretty humbling.  And inspiring. And I encourage all of you to reflect and give thanks during this time as well. For taking our place. We have so much to be thankful for. 


Look at that...something real came out of the random list about nothing. That wasn't even planned! 

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I think Lauren should win!!~!


Happy Easter!!!

Courtney said...

Lauren and Scotty are my favorites too!! I think Scotty is going to win! :)

Rachel and John said...

I am a church going Christian and it never occurred to me that tonight would be the last supper night. Thanks for that!! We usually just reflect on Good Friday with a church service and Easter Sunday with another church service.

Unknown said...

I am determined to learn to coupon as well. will u blog about how u started up/ where u find your coupons??

Melissa said...

Ooh! You've inspired me to google double coupons for here! HAHA. I never use coupons, but i want to! Last time i cut them but forgot to bring them to the store. :)

I love Lauren Alaina!! She does kind of look like DJ! She reminds me so much of Kelly Clarkson, her personality. I love her! I think she will probably win. I don't think Scotty will - i know too many that don't like him. Everyone i know loves Lauren, though!

You crack me up, btw!!