Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not So Little Sister

Saturday was my little sister's 14th birthday.

She gave me a hard time for blogging about my dog's birthday and not her.

Completely understandable, of course! 

But I don't typically blog on the weekends 

and yesterday I was busy.



So today my post is dedicated to my wonderful little sister.



The little sister I prayed for. 

The baby I was always eager to help my mom take care of and quickly became the mother hen.


14 years later this baby sister is quickly becoming one of my best friends.

How is this even possible??

How is she going to be a freshman in high school next year?!


My baby sister?!

She is turning into a beautiful Godly young woman.

I am so blessed to be a part of her life and watch her grow.

And also watch our relationship transforms to even more than just sisters.


Although we are 10 years apart and still have our differences, I know our friendship is special and will only be strengthened as the years go on.

Happy Birthday, Ali!


I am so thankful the Lord answered my prayers when I was a little girl and blessed me with such an awesome sister! 

5 comments:

LWLH said...

Happy Birthday Ali!!

Annie said...

aw, what a sweet post! :)
hope your sis had a wonderful birthday!!
my sis is 8 years younger than me and we are the best of friends, i love it!!

Miss Chelsea said...

Happy birthday lil sis! You two look so much alike!

Natalie and Lee said...

Just came across your blog... I am loving it:) What a sweet post!

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog! I Love all of the animals! So cute!

You made a beautiful bride! I love your hair too! Such a cute cut!

I'm a wedding/romance blogger, so weddings pictures are my favs!
Have a wonderful week!
Stop by and enter my give away too!