Monday, April 11, 2011

Misc. Monday: Weekend Recap

{one} Friday the weather was finally beautiful {and I think it might be here to stay, but I don't want to jinx it so pretend I didn't say anything} and we spent lots of time outside. The little boy I watched fell asleep on the swing and it looked so uncomfortable, but so cute and apparently not too uncomfortable or he wouldn't have been sleeping.


{two} As the evening came it was getting a little cooler, but everyone {may be a slight exaggeration since I am just talking about the 4 people at Hayward's} wanted to still believe that it was warm and summer-like. I was laughing as I sat in the warm car, parked next to 3 other cars filled with women whose significant other was buying them the first ice cream of the season. Okay, so I don't really know if it was their first of the season, but it was mine and I was thankful for my wonderful husband to stand in the semi-chilled air to get me my black raspberry ice cream with chocolate jimmies. Delish. 

{three} Jimmies = sprinkles for those of you who are from a different part of the country. I think when we were in Florida, they didn't know what jimmies were. For the record, I only call the chocolate ones jimmies and the rainbow ones are sprinkles. And on the same record, I only like chocolate jimmies, not a fan of sprinkles. I love jimmies so much that I've bought a container and eaten them with a spoon.

{four} I don't know why I am bragging about that, I don't really think that is something to be proud of. And to add to this list of honesty I will also add that on Saturday I got another black raspberry with chocolate jimmies. This one was soft served though so it was completely different and doesn't count as the same as Friday.

{five} I was blow drying my hair and I had a little knot that I needed to comb out. While I was combing I apparently put the opposite side of the blowdryer to my head and my hairs got caught in the fan. It smelled. It was painful. I had to rip those hairs out! There was no other way!! So frustrating. This is why a. I just put my hair up in bun on top of my head and b. I miss my shorter hair. Lesson learned: be more careful, the blow dryer is a weapon.
 And of course when it happened my initial reaction was to take a picture in case I need something to blog about. That's how exciting my life is. 
P.S Ignore the lint in the fan area as well, ok. Thanks.

{six} Today is supposed to be 75, but it's cloudy so that doesn't really count. I was hoping to get a lot accomplished, but there is something about cloudy rainy days that just paralyze you and make you glued to the couch, still wearing your pjs and watching silly abc family movies all day.
 Okay, maybe the weather didn't make me DVR the movie or press play...but still.

{seven} Today is my little brother's 21st birthday. Sooo crazy!! Happy birthday little bro {who doesn't read my blog and is most likely not even aware that it exists}!! 


He's turned into some crazy mountain man since living in NC.
The only thing we can do is love and try to look past it ;)



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

7 comments:

Marian said...

I call sprinkles jimmies too!! However, now that I live in Maryland, I'm told it can be frowned upon to call them that. But it naturally just comes off the tongue because I've called them jimmies since I was a tot. Sigh

Rachel and John said...

I have never heard them called jimmies!

Anonymous said...

Love this entry!!! So glad you are blogging again!



Mama K

Elizabeth said...

Love your blog! :)

And I can totally relate to the blow dryer being a weapon! It's secretly dangerous! lol.

Ps. I'm now following! :)

http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Little kid Jordan is so so cute! Love the old pics. :)

Melissa Jo said...

Blow dryers are SO dangerous! I've definitely done the same thing SEVERAL times!

Kelly said...

Jimmies are totally a NE thing! We call chocolate and rainbow ones both jimmies but only really eat the chocolate ones :) Have you ever been to Hilliard's? If not, it's a candy store (there are 3 locations I think) in MA and they have the BEST real chocolate jimmies! You will never want the waxy kind again!