Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First few weeks

 Adalyn, you have been such a blessing to us this past month!

We have enjoyed watching you grow and develop each and every day. 

It's amazing to see how fast you are changing in such a short amount of time. 

You have been such an easy going baby, you hardly ever cry {you squawk and make monkey noises when you need something}, you are a great sleeper and a sweet little cuddle bug.

You're our little baby burrito and you sleep next to our bed at night. Roxie was sure to keep a close eye on you the first few nights.
You sleep pretty much all day with a few awake times in the late morning, {maybe} in the afternoon and always late at night around 10-12. You only wake once in the middle of the night usually around 3 for a feeding, you finish your bottle and 20 minutes later we are back to sleep.  Daddy feeds you at night before bed and I wake up with you in the night and we let him rest up for work. 

You are eating about 3 oz (sometimes 4) every 3-4 hours.
 You're using Dr. Brown's bottles with Similac Sensitive and seem to be doing really well with them. You're never fussy and you don't spit up! 

Of course, being your first month of life, this month was filled with lots of firsts! 

The day after we brought you home was Thanksgiving, so you were quick to celebrate your first holiday!
Starting traditions young with the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade! 
We were so so thankful you came into the world a few days early and were there with us!

The weather has been unseasonably warm and we were able to take you outside on your due date.
 Your duck and geese friends were anxious to meet you.
 They were with us throughout the whole pregnancy! 

You had your first photoshoot at 6 days old and you did so well! We got so many awesome pictures that we will cherish forever!
You are always smiling in your sleep and showing off your dimples. 

I snuck the Patriots PJs on you without daddy knowing, he wasn't very happy!

Your first time in your swing- which actually seems to keep you awake rather than put you to sleep!
 It was also your first time in cloth diapers. I wasn't planning on starting quite so early (1 week), but you were starting to get a diaper rash so I figured we might as well give them a try! With the help of the cloth diapers, cloth wipes and olive oil your little bum cleared right up! 

Because of your diaper rash I decided to give you your first bath a little early. I made sure to keep your umbilical stump fairly dry though! 
You were a little freaked out at first, but then you liked it. 
You preferred to be wrapped up in the towel though.

We went on our first family walk.
And your first trip to the mall. I felt bad that you weren't able to have Chick-Fil-A like you did in my belly- we went there pretty much every week, it's one of my favs!

After taking all our belly pictures by the pond, I could't help but take you out there for one last picture while the weather was still nice.

At 10 days you lost your umbilical cord- such a relief! I didn't know if I should be weird/gross and keep it or just throw it away...so instead I took a picture that we can keep!



Your first pair of shoes- I was so excited to put you in your super cute boots.
You wore them to pick up Nana from the airport. Her and Papa came for a weekend visit to soak in some extra snuggles and kisses before their next visit at Christmas time.


While they were visiting we brought you to church for the first time at 2 weeks old. You looked so pretty in your dress!
A few days later we celebrated Auntie Julia's 9th birthday! 

You love to snuggle on our chests or on my legs.

You are kind of sporting a baby mullet-it's long in the back and shorter in the front. 
You love to hang out in our bed at night before it's time to sleep. We love it too!

You fell asleep in your swing and I went in the living room and found you smiling with your paci squishing your cheek- it was so cute!

I think you and Roxie are going to have a really sweet relationship. She has really surprised us with how well she is doing with you, although she does make us nervous sometime with her paws! She likes to show love with her paws and sometimes it's a little rougher than I think she means to be, so we just watch her carefully when she is around you. 
I have a feeling when you are a little bit older you guys will be best buds!

You're my little doll and I have to dress you up!
It's too much fun!

Our mornings are usually spent with you in the K'tan while I clean and get things done around the house. 
And your nights are spent snuggled up in Daddy's arms when he gets home from work. 

We often times find your hands holding your thumbs- the old "got your nose" joke! It's pretty funny!
I started putting you in your cribs for naps so you could get use to it before we move you there for nighttime. You are doing really well in there, I think you will like it. You really enjoy sleeping flat so I think transitioning you will be pretty easy.

In the mornings after daddy leaves for work I bring you into bed with me for some extra sleep and you look like such a big girl. Lately you have preferred sleeping on your side in the bed. 

Your neck is getting stronger, but you're not a huge fan of tummy time. 
You love bright lights and you are really starting to like your play mats. It's so cute when you smile at the toys. 
Your smiles are starting to become more intentional, which we are loving! 

I couldn't believe I had to pack up your newborn clothes so quickly! At about 3 weeks you outgrew most of your newborn clothing and have been wearing 0-3 mos.
I put your coming home outfit on your hippo that plays your heartbeat from when you were in my belly. I can't believe you are already getting so big! 
At your 2 weeks check up you were 8.9lbs and 21.25 and you're getting bigger and bigger every day! 
You're long, but chubby- absolutely perfect! 

You went Christmas shopping with mommy and Mimi. 
You don't always love getting into the sling, but once you are in there you usually fall right to sleep. 
We love love love those chubby cheeks of yours! 


We are still in disbelief at how quickly time has gone by and how fast you are growing. It is very bittersweet. We are so excited to see your personality develop and to watch you reach new milestones with each passing month. You bring us so much joy and we love you so so much! 

Thanks for being so good to us! 

We thank the Lord for you every single day. 

11 comments:

Natalie said...

yay! so precious! I can't imagine what it would be like to have no spit up in my life-lucky lady you are! :)
Happy very belated one month to Adalyn haha! :)

Lived With Love said...

this was soo cute! what a lovely post!! x

Mrs. Mama said...

she is soo so beautiful! i love all the faces she makes... and her little long hair. my favorite is the bath picture, the far left. SO SWEET.

and you are looking amazing mama!!
happy 1 month to your princess... i cant believe it's already been a month!

Joeylee said...

Happy 1 month to your sweet little girl. She is beautiful. Sounds like you've had a wonderful first month

Rachel and John said...

eeek she is so cute!!!!

Holly said...

So sweet! She is so beautiful!

Katie F said...

She is adorable! I have a six month old and it amazing how fast they change and grow!

Katie said...

She is SUCH a doll! I love seeing all the pictures of her :)

Emily Powell said...

doesn't cry?! count your blessings! I was lucky enough to deal with colic for 7 weeks. She's precious!

Mallorie said...

she is seriously SO precious!!!! I love your blog!!! You and your little family are so cute!!!!

Gold For Runescape said...

She is SUCH a doll! I love viewing all the images of her :)buying rs gold
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - Headstart DLC