Monday, April 16, 2012

Look-a-likes

Since Adalyn and I were both born in November it's been extra fun to compare pictures because we were pretty much the same age around the holidays/seasons etc.

My Grammie gave me an album with a few baby pictures in it and I have been meaning to do a little comparison.

With Picnik closing in just a few day- I was extra motivated to finally start {and finish!} last week.

I truly think Adalyn is the perfect mix of both Mr. B and I.

She doesn't really stand out as looking like either one of us specifically.

But so many people tell me she looks like her daddy!

I just don't see it.

She definitely has his eye color.
His brow line.
His serious look.
His length.

Sometimes when I look at her I totally see my baby pictures, so maybe if people saw those they would start saying she looks like mommy?!


Maybe I should start carrying those around with me.

Kidding.

Sort of.

For the most part the only people that tell me she looks like me are a few strangers here and there in the stores.


She has my nose,
My eye shape.
My cheeks and dimples.
My rolls.



So anyways, I may or may not be a little tired of everyone telling me she looks like Mr. B and this may have played a part in my motivation to finish these comparisons as well.



It's not that I mind her looking like him, I just don't think that she's that much of a spitting image that people need to tell me all the time, ha! 

So anyways, depending on the angle, in some pictures she does look a lot like me. 

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware that Adalyn is MUCH cuter than I was. 
{Mr. B felt the need to share this with me and I wasn't sure whether to feel offended or not...}
Regardless of who she really looks like, one thing is for sure-
she is the cutest biggest blessing we could ever ask for! 

7 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Oh girl, if I had a dollar for every time I have heard "she looks just like her Daddy!"...Ella Grace's college education could be paid for! Ha! I know just how you feel. But if it makes you feel any better, I have always thought she looks just like you : )

Shauna said...

How cute, your girl is adorable. Its fun to always compare pictures.

Happy Monday.
Shauna

www.ShaunaWyrick.com

Mrs. Mama said...

Okay girl. Here we go. I have a theory here, haha....

I can totally see her daddy in her when I see random pictures of her. And just like Lisa said, when I see pictures of her little girl, I would be like.. "wow she looks just like her daddy."

And the same thing happened to me. When E was a baby girl, a lot of people would be like "she looks like her daddy."

Here is my theory.

They are bald.

HA! Seriously though. They are bald, and its hard to picture girls like their mommies without hair.

So automatically, they look like their daddies. their features stand out that are from their daddy.

However, as they get older, they transform to look JUST like their mommy. Honest. 99% of girls I know, look JUST like their mom. As they should, its their mom. Also, strangers in the mall and out in public? SPITTING IMAGE OF MOMS when they are older. No doubt.

And on a last note... that last picture of you two? TWINS!

Natalie said...

I can see both!
People do the same thing. Callyn looked JUST like me when she was born. As soon as her eyes got bright and open everyone said she looked like Tony. Mostly people still say that but I can still see that she looks like me in baby pictures. THe one that drives me BONKERS is when people tell us she looks just like Tony's sister. I hate that. She doesn't, at all. And I think it's so weird when people say that.

Modern Camelot said...

I love doing this! And I think all of those pictures look SO much alike! It is crazy how they can do that.

Tracy said...

Jordan, I see A LOT of you in her...in fact, in some of the photo's I have seen on FB, you are identical. But at the end of the day, she'll look just like......herself!

Holly said...

She is adorable regardless of who she looks like...LOL! I love the caparisons though! :)