Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SUYL Home Tour: Living Room

I'm a little late to joining the home tour at Kelly's Korner, but thought it would be a good chance to show our new place.
In the beginning of March we moved to a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath townhome.
We are loving the extra space, the homier feel and the quietness that this new place has!

Roxie insisted on being in the pictures, of course.
 This is the view from the front door, although most people come through the garage and up the stairs.

 We love having the bay window that let's in lots of light!
Covering the pillows with some brighter colors is on my bucket to-do list.

 Thankfully, Adalyn's new room is big enough to have most of her toys up there that way I don't have to make our living room look too much like a nursery.

My little corner
and my favorite pictures.
{Covering that chair is also on my do-at-some-point-preferable-before-Adalyn's-first-birthday list}

View from the kitchen/hallway.
Because we only plan on living here for a year or two and the room seemed so bright and open I didn't want to take over the whole room with decor so I tried to keep it simple. 


Between Adalyn's room, going out and early bedtimes we actually don't spend too much time in the living room. 
But we do enjoy the space that we have in there, especially compared to our old place! 

2 comments:

B F said...

You know what's crazy? I think a year (or more) ago I was reading your blog for awhile and somehow I am not anymore. Anyway, I somehow I ran across it today and I'm like "hey I "know" that blog family but WAIT they have a baby now??? crazy. This is totally late but CONGRATS!

Refrigerator Memories said...

I LOVE that your dog sat there the whole time for the photos! So funny! And I love the last pic from the hallway where she's on the couch. My dogs to that too!