Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Rewind

So I started out by saying I really wanted to start blogging about our weekends and it turns out that's now the only thing I am blogging about. 
Not exactly what I intended on doing, 
but at least I am blogging!

For starters, check out the awesome summer weather that we've been so lucky to have.
Oh, and the temperatures have actually dropped since this was taken, so try not to be too jealous.

Friday
I picked up Auntie Ali from school and we went shopping. 
She had some money and wanted to buy some new summer clothes...you know because it's so warm now.
So she bought some clothes which then of course leads to me needing to buy some new clothes.
I basically had no choice.
We had lunch at the food court and I chose Burger King over Chick-Fil-A. 
And in case you're wondering, yes- that is a completely blog worthy fact. 
Who does that?! 
I love CFA!
 I don't know what was wrong with me, but I did it.

On the way back to my parents' house we spotted a turtle in the middle of the road.
As a kid my mom always used to save them and at this moment the baton was passed on to me.
Not gonna lie, I was freaking out a little! 
I knew that I should save it, but I am really not an outdoorsy, critter loving person like my momma. 
But it was going to die if I didn't. 
I knew I had to.
So I go into the middle of the road, stare at it for a little, shriek, get the heebie jeebies out of my system, see a car coming and decide it's now or never.
So I did it.
And guess what the turtle did?!?!
Hid in his shell. 
Duh.
No head to bite me.
No legs to scratch me.
No tail to whip me. {Actually, does the tail even go into the shell?}
So as long as it's not a snapper, they really are the most ideal kind of critters to save.

Then I did a little 6 month photo shoot since it appeared to be the only day to do so!
{I'll show more of those this week!}

Then I went to a big community Boy Scouts yard sale that I had been looking forward and it was complete chaos! Last year I went on the last day, this year I went on the first day right when it opened and it was a completely different experience!
 I got a few baby things for the lake house, Elefun to play when she's a little older and Mancala because I used to love that game {And Mr. B later informed that we already own it. Mommy brain is a real thing, you know!}
And I finished the night with yummy chinese and two maybe-if-we-don't-make-eye-contact-she-won't-think-we-are-really-begging dogs. I pretty much soak up any opportunity for free food at my parents' house when Mr. B is away or at school or any other day of the week.

Saturday
Was the big race. In the rain, of course! 
My sister's friend read a book called "Do Hard Things" and she was inspired to do a 5k/shoe drive for an orphanage in Haiti. 
There were over 200 people that attended {in the rain!}, over $4,000 raised and over 2,000 shoes donated for the orphanage!!! 
Talk about an awesome God and an amazing girl!! 
We are so proud of her!
 Adalyn wasn't quite sure what to make of the rain cover.
 Mr. B lapped us and we were determined not to come in last place! 

 So proud of Mr. B, Uncle CJ and Papa G! They all ran {and finished} their first 5k!!
I'm hoping to write about my first 5k experience in another post.

There were 30 gifts that different businesses in the community donated! One shoe company donated 500 shoes!!  Two other yard sales I had intended on going to were a bust because of the rain too, but that's okay because we more than made up for it in the raffle prizes we won!! 
We bought $10 worth of tickets and won a $140 electric toothbrush that was part of a a big dental gift basket, a $50 gift card to a delicious restaurant and a $40 gift gift card to an auto shop! 
There was no better way to enjoy the rest of our Saturday than trying to warm up in our PJs, a blanket, a delicious lunch, cuddles and a movie.

Sunday
Adalyn is registered for the nursery at church.
It's official.
And she went.
And I wasn't called.
And she survived.
And I thought about her the whole time.
And the sermon went a little over and it killed me.
But we did it! 
And she passed out right when we got in the car.


Then we went out for lunch with the fam.
Relaxed at home for a couple hours. 

Bundled up and went to a church cookout.
Went grocery shopping.
And the day went by wayyy too fast.

And today is Mr. B's dad's birthday!!




1 comment:

cheap fut coins said...

Superb publish nevertheless We had been wondering should you might create the litte much more about this topic?
I would end up being really grateful should you might sophisticated a bit more. Many thanks!


cheap fifa 14 coins
Cheap ESO Gold
fifa ultimate team coins