Wednesday, June 13, 2012

SUYL House Tour: Kitchen

Linking up with Kelly's House Tour and this week it's kitchens!
Last week I did our living room.


Since we are renting our place, we can only do so much as far as paint/style. 
I found the kitchen the most difficult to decorate as far as finding the right accent color for the yellow walls and the teal blinds. 

After testing out a kazillion different curtains I finally found some drapes at Target and cut and sewed them to make curtains for the kitchen.

I ended up doing them really quickly before the in-laws came into town for Easter and I never got to completely finish them the way I would like.
It's one of those things that's "good enough" and you never end up going back to completely finish them...oh you know like every other room in my house. 

We have an eat-in kitchen, but I am going to save that side for the 'dining room tour' and so I have time to finish it.

This is the view from the hallway- coming from the living room and front entrance.
That door on the right goes down to the garage and storage/sewing room. 

And this is why the glass is always dirty....

And this is my excuse for not cleaning it as often as I should...

I plan on making a new grocery bag holder with some of the extra fabric, when exactly this plan will be executed only the Lord knows. 


We have a few built in shelves in the kitchen and eating area that were a little tricky for my to find the right decor for, but I found some things from around the house and made it work. 
I took off the middle shelf to make more room for some bigger things on the bottom shelf. 
 I made the burlap with the "S" at our old place for our living room- I spray painted the S and frame with new colors and it's good as new!
When I was pregnant I bought one of the deals on eversave.com for a photo canvas and the picture of her at the beach is is one of the pictures I purchased and I love. love. love it. 

View from the dining area

Two of my favorite ladies getting married this year!! 



And that's our kitchen!
Equipped with a garbage disposal and dishwasher, can I get a hallelujah?!? :)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I just bought those same curtains for our living room and we have yellow walls too! I am obsessed with them...every night when we are sitting in there I tell tony how much I love the curtains :)

Natalie said...

I just bought those same curtains for our living room and we have yellow walls too! I am obsessed with them...every night when we are sitting in there I tell tony how much I love the curtains :)

Karen At Home Blog said...

Your kitchen looks so clean! Love the curtains.