Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Goals: Hobby Style

I have a list of personal goals I'd like to achieve before the end of the summer, but I also have a list of "me time" goals that I'd like to accomplish before the end of the summer.

I am hoping that if I put an end date to it then maybe I'll actually do it.

But if it's anything like how my exercise and diets go....
well, let's just say I don't have the best track record.

I've never {a whole 7.5 months} been one of those moms who needs to work in order to feel independent, good about themselves or any other personal reasons {other than money}, that people go back to work for. A majority of those feelings, I am sure, have to do with the fact that I have always been a nanny or worked with kids. In a way, this is all I know. It's all I've ever wanted and I am truly doing my dream job every day. {Thank you, Lord and Mr. B!} In saying that, I do think it is still important to have hobbies. To have something outside of being mommy and wife that make you feel good. For me that is DIY stuff and I'd really like to get back into it! I also enjoy taking/editing pictures and I do make time that, but I'd also like to start some other projects.

So my list that I'd like to accomplish before the summer ends:

::Learn how to use my camera::
I have a few tutorials pinned and bookmarked.
 I know my camera can do so much more than what I do with it, so I'd really like to figure that out and learn how to take good pictures in manual mode.

:: Refinish the island::
We put our old little kitchen island in Adalyn's room and I planned on refinishing it to match. I'd like to start and finish that.

::Cover the living room pillows to add more color::

 ::Finish the kitchen curtains::

::Re-do/organize sewing room::
I was so excited to have a sewing room in our new place and I have yet to really use it. It kills me! I've only done the kitchen curtains in there and I didn't even finish that project! Everything was just put in there when we moved and I'd like to organize/make it fun and use it!!

::I'd really love to get Adalyn's monthly books completed started or at the very least her birth!::

:: Make at least 5 new meals and 5 new projects that I've pinned!::
I am not sure where this is from, but I saw it on Pinterest one day.
How true is that?! Ha!

3 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

I totally agree on having some personal goals. Something that has completely opened my eyes lately is reading Organized Simplicity. I would all myself organized, but it has so helped me to clear my mommy and wife and homemaker and blog designer head.

On another note, I'm jealous of your sewing skills. I would love to recover pillows :)

Anna & Kirby said...

I love the pinterest quote... so true! haha! I'm with you on figuring out my camera too!

Unknown said...

we have some of the same goals! and I'd say all of your goals (besides finishing the island) are comparable to some of mine, even if not the exact same. That is so cool that you have a sewing room! I hope to have a sewing/crafting room one day!! Oh and I liked your paragraph about "doing my dream job everyday." That is so sweet!