Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Month Late.

No, I'm not taking about my Aunt Flow.
Although I wish I was.

I'm talking about blogging about our trip to Texas which was Labor day weekend.
I can't even believe it has already been a month!

For once I feel like I have so much to blog about and haven't found the time to blog.
And when I say "so much" that doesn't mean that it's good and/or important things.
I just have a lot of things I took pictures of with the intent to blog about and the days keep passing by so quickly that it finds itself into the "is this really worth posting about" category. Maybe one day it will be shared. Maybe not.

This trip to Texas made the cut though.
It is important because it shows all you smelly followers
  my adorable smelly little nephew.
Unfortunately this little guy lives miles and miles away from us.
I so wish we could be actively involved in his life and he could know who his Uncle B and Auntie J are, that he could be spoiled and kissed by us weekly...but that's not how it is. 
So instead we see him once or twice a year {he's only 22 months, in his 22 months of life that's how it's been}, and we soak in every precious moment with that sweet little boy.

{Also, I appreciate the new blogging picture options, but I am having a hard time easily switching the order- tips?? So these are in complete random order because I am too lazy to fix it. :) }


We got to spend a couple hours after church with just the 3 of us. We stopped at the store and bought him some toys. I guess it's a good thing we live so far away because we could spend so much money on this little man! 
Mr. B showing him some golfing techniques.


I finally got to try a Sonic soda that I hear so much about in the blog world. We don't have any in NH and I have to say...what's the big deal??? I didn't notice anything special. It was plain ol' Barq's rootbeer. Is it the shaved ice that makes it good?? I also tried the cherry-limeade and wasn't a fan of that either. I was pretty disappointed, but proud to say I finally got to try it and see what all the hype is about.


This is one of my favorite pictures. They had fun playing in the pool together.


Another one of my favs. How cute?


This is a room in Mr. B's parents' house that is called the "Red Zone Club", a complete Buffalo Bills room with a giant projector to watch the games. Totally necessary. This is the only thing that Mr. B wants to inherit. {We are still working on rephrasing that statement.}


We flew Jet Blue on the way home and this is by far my favorite airline. ever.  I got to watch live TV the whole time and eat yummy {and as many} snacks as I want and drink a whole can of soda.
 Does it get any better?? 



Having fun on the swings. 


Apparently this is the way to eat a peach. He's got this whole technique down-tippy toes and all. 

He loved being pushed in this little car. And I was able to get my exercise running up and down the hallway. over. and. over. and. over.

Another view of the Red Zone.

Mama K took me to some stores and bought me these super cute shirts from Anthropologie.


I love this little guy so much. He is at the cutest age right now with a quirky personality. 
I can't wait to be with him again for Thanksgiving!

We spent a beautiful day on Lake Travis. It was so nice jet skiing in warm water! 
It makes for a totally different experience!



We got to eat at one of our favorite sub shops that we went to in FL. 
There are none in NH and we crave it all the time!


One more month until I can hold him again!!



So excited to be driving the boat!

Love his big brown eyes.

And his long beautiful lashes.



Another long weekend begins tomorrow!! 

7 comments:

J and A said...

Great pics! He is adorble!

Megan said...

I'm from the north too and the drinks from sonic aren't something to write home about. Although I do love the ice. Now the tots...MMMMM! :)

Jimmy Johns is the best around! I'm glad you had a great time in Austin :)

Natalie said...

oh my gosh he is so stinkin cute!! : )

and the top on the right that your MIL bought you...ummm adorable! (well they both are but i really really love that one!)

Jillian said...

Okay so Sonic is so yummy! You just didn't drink the write one!! I love their slushies and their cherry limeades! Well anyway I love them:)

Kelly said...

You know, I keep hearing how awesome Sonic drinks are but they just look like regular sode to me! We have one kind of close but I've never been inclined to try it. Maybe one day...although your review reaffirmed that it's just soda!

Your nephew is adorable!! My brother and his wife don't get to see our kids very much and I know how tough it is. At least you have some REALLY cute pictures to look at and made some awesome memories :)

P.S.
Loved the title/intro to this post :) Hope a baby is on the way for you soon (assuming that's what you're hoping for!) I wanted a baby sooooo badly right after we were married. I was 22 and was so sure I was ready. It took my husband 3 years to get on the same page but we had so much fun in those 3 years of marriage before kids :) Enjoy every moment because life changes a lot - in an AWESOME way! There's some unsolicited advice...sorry, ha!

Abby said...

How fun! It looks like y'all had a great time :)

And, should we be watching for a smelly little baby post???? :)

Unknown said...

Precious pictures! Your nephew is a DOLL! And so glad you could be introduced to the goodness of Sonic. :) Looks like you had a great trip!