Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Breeched Babe

Life has been very busy the past few weeks!

I still plan on posting some belly updates and photos from my shower,

but this morning my 34 week appointment gave me something else to post about.

My newest obsession.

I asked the Dr. if she could tell the position of little Miss A because there is always something super hard right around my belly button and I couldn't figure out if it was her bum or a foot. 

She felt around for her head down by my pelvis area and found it.

Then felt higher up on my belly and realized that that is her head and by my pelvis is actually her bum.

We made our way to the little ultrasound room and discovered that baby girl is indeed breech. 

Which is good news and bad news.

It's not really ideal.

She does still have time to move.

But to be honest, I was kind of excited.

I would need a c-section {which I am not opposed to anyways}.

It would be on November 14th- which is 11 days earlier than my due date AND 1 day before my birthday. 

And she would be here before Thanksgiving which is what I was really hoping for since my brother, my in-laws and sister-in law will all be visiting that week. 

So I couldn't help but grin as I was leaving because as un-perfect as this plan may be, it would work out pretty perfectly!

If I was to have a c-section I would definitely prefer it to be scheduled. 

I like how the timing works out, that we would have a plan and be prepared. 

I was obsessed with every movement before this news, now I am really obsessed with every movement- wondering if she is making her way down.

I am secretly{except not because I am blogging about it} hoping that she doesn't turn. 

We have been praying she would make her arrival a bit early to be here for the family visits and this may be it!

So I'm trying not to get my hopes up--even though they are-- I am trying to get myself back in the mindset that that is her butt and that she will be arriving in December. 

Just in case.

I googled a little and it seems like everyone is different. 

Some babies turn. 
Some don't.
So we will just have to wait and see!

I'm not going to do an ECV and I'm not planning on doing any special exercises.

Because quite frankly- I like this plan.

And although I don't really want to hear your "baby-turned stories", I kind of do. 

So....

Was your baby breech?

Did you have a c-section?

Did your baby flip in the last few weeks?

My next appointment is in 2 weeks and we will see what her position is! 

12 comments:

Lori said...

Found you from Mrs to Mama, and while I have not had a bambino yet (pregnant with our first), a blog friend of mine just had to have a c-section because she was breech, and she tried lots of different exercises to get baby to turn. Hope you get what you want!

Natalie said...

I think it's kind of funny how God works out our plans just how we want! If you want a c-section and want her to come early, then I hope she stays breech! Haha, that feels funny to say :) I can totally understand the feeling of wanting to know exactly when she's coming. AND wanting her to come early. That would be amazing! And on the plus side, even if she does end up turning, at least you got to see her again, right?!

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. When they scheduled B's c-section I was excited to know the day AND know he was coming before Christmas. It was exciting to have a plan. And then God laughed and B came even earlier. :) I will be praying that she comes at the perfect time and in the most perfect way...but the day before your birthday would be pretty awesome. And to have her there for Thanksgiving would be pretty amazing! :)

Justin and Jessica said...

Since you are happy with the decision of a c-section, I hope that it all works out for you! :)

My first two kiddos were breech until I was about 37 weeks along. You will know if your little one is switching positions - it is quite painful.

Best wishes to you - she will be here before you know it!!

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

I hope whatever you "hope" for comes true. Each delivery for each mama is different and although people have their own opinions ... I'd just skip over those and go with what you feel is best for you and the babe. Blessings on a healthy rest of your pregnancy. It's been fun to watch you grow! :)

Mrs. Mama said...

hey girl!! hoping that baby girl stays nuzzled up right where she is and comes to ya safe and sound on that special day that God has picked out for her... sounds like its going to be the day before YOUR special day!! :)

PattyAnn said...

My girl WAS breech, did NOT turn, and I had a C SECTION....honestly? It was a good experience for me!

Victoria said...

my girl turned, but yes she was breech for awhile. hope it works out either way.

Mrs.Fisher said...

Congrats on the sweet bundle coming to you soon! And I just have to say your blog name is what drew me in and how creative! What a great way to "embrace" the smell! lol I love it!

Jenny said...

Addy was head down and I had a vaginal birth with her. I loved the whole experience, even though it was 28 hours and hard when experiencing it.

With the boys they were both head down, but George flipped daily and they were afraid he would do a turn after the first was delivered vaginally ONLY because you wanted to know. It was NOT a good experience. I bad a bad reaction to the spinal and was not completely anestisized during the surgery which was not fun. NOT the norm so dont get nervous. Most people breeze right through. Recovery is alot longer and more uncomfortable. PLUS its hard to maneuver yourself and that stinks when you are trying to care for a newborn.

Overall I am glad I experienced both but if I had been certain both boys would be ok....I would have def done it vaginally( with tons of meds!!!). It does make it a better memory ( and def feels like a team effort so hubs can be involved.

Praying for His will and a perfectly healthy entry either way!!

Holly said...

With my triplets, I had no choice as to having a c-section, and it was scheduled at 34w2d, but my girls and God had other plans and they came two days before Christmas at 32w2d, with an emergency c-section, but that's kind of expected with multiples. Two of my girls were breech and they never turned, and one stayed head down the whole time (there wasn't much room, LOL) but I wouldn't trade a c-section for anything. I loved the experience and even though it was emergency, we were prepared and it was a wonderful experience until after the delivery when I had horrible complications (but they believe it had to do with carrying triplets, and it is not common). With this new Little Miss, I am hoping to have a vaginal birth, just for the experience, but I really will be fine with having another c-section. Recoevery really isn't bad and even though it was the worst pain of my life (the first few days and because of my horrible complications, by a week later, I was feeling almsot normal! But I do worry how I will recovery this time with 3 14 month olds and a newborn! :/

However your Little Miss A comes into this world, I pray and hope it's a perfect way for you! God has a plan! :) Can't wait to see photos of her!!

WinD said...

I found out my third baby was transverse at 23 weeks. I thought he had turned head down a few weeks later. At 40weeks+5days I found out he was breech and had to have a c-section the next day. It was a whirlwind!