Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Unique Shower

Mama K {my mother-in-law} lives in Texas and wasn't able to join us for the baby shower. 

She also really wanted to have one of her own, but with the distance it just wasn't something that could happen. 

So instead she sent out invitations to all her friends for a "Card Shower".  
Asking that they "shower" us with gift cards all through out the week. 

Let me tell ya, this has been SO awesome!! 

First of all,  getting real mail every day is exciting in and of itself. 

Add in cards filled with gift cards....does it get any better?!?!

I don't want it to end! 
 It has been so much fun to get something new every day and then head out to Target and get some other essentials {or fun things} for the baby. 

This is my kind of shower- I don't like being the center of attention and having people watch me open the gifts. So this is like win-win-win-win-win.

I'm loving it!!!

{Have I made that clear yet? ;) }

I am so amazed at the generosity of her friends- most of them have never even met us before and they are sending us these sweet cards and gift cards. How nice is that?? They have been such a blessing! 

So if you live far away from family and are looking for something fun and unique to do- this is it!!

Thanks Mama K for thinking of us and putting this together. 
I think it might even be better than Christmas. 
And thanks for having such awesome friends!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

That is such a great idea!!

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

Awesome idea!!! :) And -- getting to go to Target EVERYDAY ... amazing! :)

Shea said...

Wow...that is definitely a good idea!!!

Natalie said...

wow, that is brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, J for blogging on this! I had so much fun setting it up and thi king about your face as the mail came each day!!! :)


Love you-

Mama K

L said...

What a wonderful MoLaw you have. =) So very sweet!

Jackie said...

I think i would die if this happened!! That's like the best thing ever, mail (love) and gift cards!! BTW, your like the cutest pregnant lady ever! :)

Paula said...

What an awesome idea!!! Getting real mail is such a good feeling. That was so sweet of her and all of her friends!

Jillian said...

What a cool idea!! I love it!! I might plan a trip up there to visit my grandma since she is 94 and well you know so maybe I will get to meet miss A :)

LWLH said...

That is awesome and such a cute idea for those who live far away :)

Miss Chelsea said...

That's a really good idea

cait said...

LOVE this idea!! Will definitely have to share it!