Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm baaaaaack.

What better way to start the New Year and the return after almost two weeks of not recording the extremely exciting happenings of our Smelly life than a Misc. Monday post. Requires very little thought and I appreciate that. 

Here is your warning that this will most likely be a long list since I have some catching up to do. Warning.

{one} I can't even believe I didn't even post about our Christmas decor/tree and it is already taken down. Does time fly or what?? Looks like I missed that mark. Maybe next year...

{two} We had a wonderful Christmas. I am thankful for holidays like this to remind myself of how blessed I am. I know it shouldn't take a holiday {and gifts..} to do that, but hey I am human, give me a break- I'm just being honest. 

{Wrapped these with supplies from the dollar store- I was pretty impressed with how they turned out.}




{three} We received some awesome gifts this year:
             With Christmas money fro my parents and some of our Christmas bonuses we bought a new TV. We had a 32" before and upgraded to a 46" and we are totally loving it. It's all about priorities people...  And of course if you give a mouse a cookie he needs HD with his new TV because it's too big and looks grainy with standard cable. 

Our early gift was the Canon Rebel XSi which I more than love. On Christmas Day we received a new lens which at this point I am not loving, but I know when I get the hang of it it will be wonderful. I am not a huge fan of the whole switching of the lenses ordeal when I need to zoom. But I guess I better get use to that now.

           I also got the new iPad. So I don't technically own it, but I am excited about it and I can't wait until they come out with it in the next couple months. So my excitement is pretty much bottled up for this gift until then. So for now I will stare at and occasionally use Mr. B's while he is at work. 

So yes, we were spoiled and are very thankful for Mr. B's parents. Living in different states has it's advantages every once in a while ;) 

{four} It was my friend's bachelorette party on Wednesday. We learned some line dances for her wedding and went to dinner at PF Changs. I have now been craving their lettuce wraps every night since then.  Anyone ever have them?? Don't be fooled by the name like I was- I really don't think they are that healthy. 




{five} Speaking of healthy...it's the new year which means time to exercise for a week! Another moment of honesty: I was thankful that New Years fell on a Saturday giving me two extra days to be lazy and eat what I want before the official New Year week began. I may or may not have finished last night with a kids cheeseburger- ketchup only with a root beer from Burger King. I had to. Really.

{six} My landlord has two birds. I don't what kind they are, but what I do know is they are SO annoying!! It seriously sounds like we live in a pet store. 

{seven} Roxie has been the sweetest dog since we have been on vacation this past week. She has been back to her good ol' cuddly self. I can tell she is soaking it all in until the babies are back tomorrow and she goes back to her crate :( I feel really bad. I have been trying to push getting another dog to keep her company and give her someone to play with and get her energy out, but it's not going over too well with Mr. B. No worries, I am a stubborn and persistent one and I will try my best to keep pushing it. 

{eight} Do any of you have 2 dogs? Do you think in a way it makes it easier? Because that's what I am believing...so please say yes.

{nine} I was planning on posting this before working out because I thought if I didn't do it now I wouldn't do it. I forgot to take into consideration that I if I got comfy on the couch I wouldn't want to get up and work out. My b. 

{ten} I am really excited for 2011 and what this year holds! A couple months ago I had a list of 3 things I wanted to accomplish before 2010 was over:
   1. Be consistent and on time with tithe
   2. Have money in savings
   3. Expect a Smelly Baby.
  Well we accomplished 2/3 of 3 which isn't bad. It's just a bummer that we didn't accomplish the one that I really wanted.
Not to say we didn't try though!
 Sorry...TMI.
So that is for sure number one on the list for 2011 and I am feeling hopeful and confident that it will happen. At this point the odds are on our side :)
 I also want to continue tithing and saving, eat healthier and exercise and get back to couponing! 

{eleven} Sorry this post was all over the place. I need to get back in the groove.

Have a wonderful day!


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

8 comments:

Ashley said...

We have 2 dogs and I believe it helps!! They are unseperable a year apart.

Erin said...

Lettuce wraps from PF Changs are delicious...I'm not so sure they're healthy haha! And I'll keep you and Mr. B in my prayers for your #10's #3 :)

krystal said...

We have two dogs and they play all the time when I'm busy working on stuff. Sometimes they get annoyed with one another and ignore each other for a few minutes ... but then it's back to playtime 24-7!

But, just remember... now there's two dogs to gang on you! They are at my bed side at 5am to go out... they know what to do to get a treat... they work together! Just like kids, lol

Marian said...

Oh wow, you guys both must have been on that "Nice" list...you really scored big from Santa;) And here's hoping 2011 brings you #3 on that list!!!

Margaret said...

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year! Definitely miss reading about your life:) Looks like Santa brought you some wonderful gifts! YAY! Heres to a happy year for you!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year. We have 2 dogs. At times it is good because they keep eachother company, but at times it is really annoying. I think our problem is that our first dog is a low energy little dog, and our second is a hyper big dog. Totally different world. If you are going to get a second one I would really do research on them and pick one that is the same energy level as Roxie.

Natalie said...

ok 1st i need to email you back and i am going to do that today : )
and you should definitely get 2 dogs! i always told tony it would make it way easier and he didn't believe me but it really really does. i would not want to go back to having 1 now. it's awesome.
i will email you later today : )

Amanda said...

love your miscellany thoughts today! awesome new tv!!!! we just got a 40 in and we looooove it. we had a super old one before. we only have one pup...but we are ALWAYS talking about getting another one! haha!