Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pink, White & Boo

Well, I decided to go with my heart and do it.
I created a secret group on facebook.
I know that sounds cheesy, but that's what it is called. Secret is when no one other than the members can see/find the group, write to other and see what others in the group have written.
I was holding out, hoping that I would have some Christmas news....and I did. 
Another negative. 
Another month gone.
A few days later I saw online that two more people I know are pregnant.
I lost it. 
I couldn't help it. 
The tears.
The questions again.
I love my husband.
I love my family. 
But sometimes I just need to vent to someone who is going through the same thing.
Who understand this roller coaster.
Now.
So I decided I need to start this now.
The funny thing is this picture was taken in Fl as a good news picture that I send to my mom!
So naive...if only I knew, ha!

We will see where the Lord takes it.
Whether there are 2 girls or 20- it really doesn't matter.
Just talking to the few girls that I have has been such a relief.
Whether we have been trying for 1 month or 21 months it hurts and feels like forever, regardless.
So I created this place as a way to vent, cry, laugh, get advice, give advice, encourage, pray and support.

Again, this is totally private so whether everyone knows you are trying because you have a big mouth like me or only your husband knows, if you join this group no one will be able to see and you will be able to be encouraged and lifted. 

Trust me, I know it's hard.
I know it feels like everyone is pregnant, but you.
And I know how awesome it feels to talk with those who are also struggling. 

So since it is a "secret" group, you can't just search it on facebook to find and join. {I wish it could be like that, but in order to keep it as private as possible it needs to be like this.} So if you would like to be a member and honestly, I think the more the merrier {and the more encouragement and prayers!} leave a way for me to contact you in the comments or send me an email at thesmellylife@gmail.com  and I can send you an invite and we can set it up! 

Also if you guys feel led to mention it in your post or know someone you think would benefit please send them this way :)

**This is open to those you have struggled with fertility too- I am sure we could use your encouraging words, stories and tips as well!**

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.."
We are praying.

11 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Sorry to hear about the negative.
PRESEED! I'm telling you, it's fantastic!!

Jeska said...

Don't give up, your time will come very soon. And I second preseed.

Unknown said...

Girl I am praying for you. I am so sorry that you are going through this, and I am praying that the second line will show up very soon. Hope that the group members that you gain will provide you with more support and prayers than you can fathom!

Abby said...

Praying for you all, girl. You will get there, I just know it :)

Rebekah said...

I'm right there in the same boat with you! I would love to be invited!

Mrs. S said...

prayers for you and your Hubs---

Mrs. Pick said...

Praying for you! Everything will happen in time. When it happens it will be one of the best moments of your life!

Jordan said...

I'm sorry to hear your news and will be praying for you both. I'm sure it will happen at exactly the perfect time, but I hope for encouragement for you as you all wait.

Lori said...

I am so sorry that you are struggling with this. it is so awful. i struggled with IF for 4 years, and now we are expecting our little blessing in March. there were MANY times that I thought I would never become pregnant, and I often times did not have a good attitude. one thing I regeret the most is the way i put my hubby on the back burner as we were going through this. it affects them more than you know. i will be following in your journey, and praying for a positive in 2011!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you had another negative test. After our first son, my husband and I tried for 2 years to get pregnant with #2. When I had finally given up, that second line appeared. I'll be praying for you and hoping that you get to see those 2 pink lines soon!

Anonymous said...

Sending you huge hugs. :( Each negative hurts more and more, and I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. Preseed didn't work for us, but we did try it...figured it couldn't hurt...it just gets expensive. I know all the annoucements and advice that you have heard over and over again from well meaning people eventually weighs on you, so I think your group sounds like a wonderful idea! I would love to be invited if you don't mind. I promise no unsolicited advice. :)