Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Men...The Family That Stares at Goats

Early this summer my family decided to embark on a new adventure.
With 24 acres of land, which includes a barn and horse corral from the previous owner,
my parents decided it was time to get some new fur {and feathered} family members.
I blogged a little about it months ago,
but to bring you back to how cute the goats and Roxie were- here are some cute pics.



This has become a leisurely "activity", if you will.
We are the family that stares hangs out with the goats.
I am not sure how many farmers actually consider their goats pets and literally hang out with them, 
but my family does.
Hand over the Academy Award, I am SO not a fan of little nasty goats all up in my bubble.
And I guess I'll hand that Award right back.
They eat EVERYTHING.
This may be a fear that he was going to pull my earring and rip my earlobe.
Total guess and complete exaggeration.
The summer months were enjoyable.
The winter months, not so much.
But they bundle up and make the best of it!







Please don't let me give you the idea that I do this regularly.
I do not.
My crazy wonderful family does.


But I do appreciate the many free eggs.
That has been an awesome part of this farming experience.
On occasion we even get a double yoker.
Wowza.
Are you jealous yet?

I found this adorable picture of Roxie and Gizmo when they were only about 3 months old.

And here she was last week much bigger and still fascinated by them.

And while browsing for baby pictures of the goats
I saw this one from one of the many days we spent outside
How cute?!
So easy to forget how small she was even though it was just months ago!

I don't know what else to write.
I am still in a rut.
So my brilliant idea was to show a glimpse of life at
"Saving Grace Farm".
Seeing how it has become a big part of the Grace Family. 
Lucky you.

So there you have it.
The End.

6 comments:

Annie said...

oh my goodness, little goats are so stinkin cute!!
my mom wants some mini goats but she has no where for them to stay in the winter. haha!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Wow, 24 acres..That would be awesome, we only have 5..haha!
I like the goats when they are babies. We had 1 and he ate my trees, so he didn't last long. We gave him to our neighbors!
I love Roxie she is so cute!

Kristin said...

Goats are darling, but I've never warmed up to them like pets :-). I'll take my two fluffy, snuggly Bichons thank you! Hope you're having a great day Mrs. J!

Melissa Jo said...

Loving your goats! I've been contemplating myself getting some and by your pictures I have the feeling could be fun!

Love your blog, new follower!

Oh, I also just read ur baked potato post... didn't know you could do them in microwave til a year ago myself!

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the goats! And Roxie was so cute as a puppy! She's still cute, but as a puppy, oh gracious.

Unknown said...

My Superman thinks that when we get a home of our own, we'll have goats. I believe his exact argument was, "Cuz then our kids' friends will be like, 'I like going over there- they've got goats!'" Charming.

Do the goats have names? Superman's already picked one out for our future goat-baby... Ramsey. Cute. Almost as cute as the name he picked for our current love-child, Tucker the Turtle.