Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Talk

No,  this isn't a post about the talk.

It's a post about the show The Talk. 

Not sure if anyone watches it, but it's on in the afternoon and it's similar to The View, but better because it's a lot less political {although The View is where I get most of my current event info from and yes, that is a bit of information that I should probably keep to myself} and they also don't talk over each other like crazy ladies. 

It probably became one of my new favorite shows. 

Please note the past tense. 

We have a huge problem. 

They let Leah Remini {my girl from King of Queens}, one of my favorite hosts on the show,  go.
They asked her not to come back. 
I couldn't believe it! 
I still can't believe it. 

And I don't know all the details, but Holly also left this season.
Two of the best people.

What the heck?!!? 

They left all the boring ones. 
Awesome. 

I googled "Leah Remini The Talk" to see if I could find any other information on it {besides what she told me on twitter...okay so she didn't really tell me, but I like to consider her my friend}and as I was typing that the auto google search suggested "annoying" - that was number one for her search! 

I get that she can be loud and obnoxious for some, but I personally liked her personality and thought she brought a lot to the show. She was just like her character on King of Queens.

The Talk has been new the past 2 days and it has been awful, awkward and boring.
I'm pretty bummed. 

Now trust me, I have more than enough other shows to waste my brain cells on. 
But still, this is not cool and I really wish they would have talked to me about this before making this decision.

Curious if anyone else watches?? Did you find Leah annoying??

8 comments:

Ashlynn said...

I never watched "The Talk" but my hubby and I love the King of Queens. If she was just like her character, then she must have been hilarious. That stinks that they let her go :(

Rachel and John said...

I love the talk and Leah. I've missed it all this week so this shocked me.

Allie said...

I watch-since being home now. I like it, I like Julie Chen though. We are Big Brother fans though. :)

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

I was stunned when I heard they let Leah go and that Hollie wasn't coming back either. I was crushed! In my opinion those two MADE that show. I won't be watching it anymore - I dvr'd it- :( I to think she is talking to me on twitter :)

Paige said...

I cannot believe they let her go! I also think that she "made" that show. She is funny and entertaining. The rest of the hosts like you are said are boring. I like watching the view but just this morning I was thinking "would they please stop talking over one another already!" drives me crazy some days.

Anonymous said...

I never really watched because *ducks head* I found Leah annoying. Don't hate me. :/ But even with her gone I still probably won't watch. It's on at a time here that I am never sitting down to watch tv and we are old school and don't have a dvr. :)

Kat said...

I have to give my 2 cents even though I rarely comment... I use to work for this show and loved it. Unfortunately when you're married to the boss you can do whatever you want. It's so sad that a good show gets ruined because of it. I saw it happen while I was there and now it's happening again...

LWLH said...

I watched a couple episodes but pretty much only to see Leah. Julie and Sarah are a snooze.