Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Cards + Puppy = HARD!

This will our first time sending out Christmas cards and let me tell ya, I am pretty excited about it!
I didn't want to send any out last year because I thought it would be weird to just send a picture of me and Mr. B.
In my eyes it's an official family when their is a dog and/or a baby. Don't ask me where this logic comes from because I have no idea. I do realize that it doesn't really make sense, but oh well.
To me the picture is less awkward if it's of us and a dog.

Clearly, I have never tried taking a Christmas picture with a dog because in my head it looks a lot better than what we accomplished.

Ahem..I mean we have so many great photos I don't know how we will ever choose...







Could she look anymore depressed??
She's now refusing to even open her eyes. Probably pretending it's over.
And then of course, the ever so awkward thinking this pose is the cutest. The straddle-the-dog-look-like-your-giving-birth-slash-your-husband-has-some-funky-long-legs-is-he-wearing-woman's-boots pictures.
And oh yeah, guess what? We have about 6 pictures of this pose. I guess that's what happens when you have your younger sister take the pictures. 

Never mind all the other pictures of us with the lack of smiles, over cheesing or double chins...

Ali really did a great job though, especially considering what she had to work with! We do have a few goodies that we are trying to decide on. But as you can see we are now considering doing a picture of just us and then adding one of Roxie on the side. Kind of defeats my whole ideal Christmas Card scenario, but after this little photo shoot I now see that whole idea when out the window. fast.

I was extra excited for Christmas cards this year because not only did we have a cute puppy to put in the picture I saw that Shutterfly had an awesome promotion going on for bloggers! I have used Shutterfly many times to print photos, they usually have some awesome deals going on and they are always great quality and fast shipping- can't beat that!  I also love the photo calendars, I have given those a few years in a row and my grandma and mom both LOVED them and still use them just for the pictures!  Photo books are another great option for gifts! I made one a couple years ago for the family that I nannied for of the time spent with her babies, it was cool to flip through and see how much they've grown! 

This Christmas season Shutterfly is giving away 50 free holiday cards!! If you haven't done this yet, you still have time! Go check it out! They have so many great designs and 
I have lots of favorites, my problem now is: 
A. Choosing the right pictures...I guess getting a good picture would probably be step one.
B. Getting the chosen pictures to fit correctly in whatever design I choose.

Here are some of my favorites:




It's going to be hard to choose, but I better hurry up before Christmas is over! 
Time is flying! 

20 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

the same thing happened to us...so we ultimately took our pup out of the picture...broke my heart

Amanda said...

the last picture is so funny! i feel your pain...our pup would not look at the camera or hold still for our pics either!

krystal said...

Was so HARD for us too... and we have two dogs... ultimately we just put in dog with christmas tree photos... they were too funny!

Lyss :) said...

so funny! haha thanks for my morning laugh :)

Amber said...

I'm laughing while reading this post - only because I can completely relate. We took our pictures last week with TWO boxers and it was a complete trip. It took 30 minutes to get two or three decent shots that we can use. I posted our card today on my blog - we used Shutterfly too! Here's hoping they arrive soon!

PS - she's getting so big and absolutely beautiful! Don't you wish she would just stay a little puppy forever??

Natalie said...

ugh, isn't that the truth?! We had TWO dogs to work with this year-it was insane. ONe dog would look fine and the other like a total dork. Last year she just had to look like a dork because we gave up. It's impossible! Now I'm just waiting until we have to add a baby to the mix haha!

Mrs. S said...

ive been dreading taking ours for this same reason! I

Lindsey said...

these pictures crack me up! and your commentary is even more funny! i'm sure you have at least a few good ones for an xmas card - and if not - i'm sure your friends and family would appreciate a comical card as well!

LWLH said...

Lol...love them, she's like "I'm so over it mom"

Jessica Hilton said...

bahahahaha!! I love all the many faces that Roxie did! Too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Hysterical, J!!!


Mama K

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Haha! That is so cute!

We are sending out our very first Christmas photo card as well! And we also have a puppy, but fortunately he was being cooperative that day. We were very lucky because he is such an energetic little guy!

Leigh Anne said...

oh how funny are yalls outtakes, i love them! we went with the JOY & love card, i love shutterfly! :)

Hilary said...

The first is my absolute favorite! :-)

Abby said...

Taking a pic with a dog is the worst! Leland NEVER cooperated, and got my outfits all hairy! Finally, we just gave up and took it with just the 2 of us. Ha!

You guys do look darling though! Can't wait to see the final pose!

Mrs. D said...

I am laughing out loud at these photos because we had the EXACT same problem! In the end, we didn't have a lot of options to choose from. You guys look great though! :)

Jordan said...

The last picture had me ROLLING laughing (esp. after reading your description)! So funny.. I hear you- dog pictures are so hard.. even at our best, our pup, Cayne is distracted, staring at some animal or something.. in the opposite direction of the camera. Oh well! It's real that way, huh?

Anonymous said...

These pictures are too funny! :) You look gorgeous! I had a dream about you the other night. Kinda weird, I know, since I don't even know you in real life. But you were pregnant! :)

Ashley said...

Those pictures are adoroable and hilarious!!

fifa 14 coins for sale said...

the final image is really humorous! personally i think your own discomfort... the puppy wouldn't consider the digital camera or even maintain nevertheless for the photos possibly!

fifa ultimate team coins
Cheap Elder Scrolls Online Gold
fifa coins