Thursday, August 4, 2011

23 Weeks

Today is the last day of my 23rd week! 
I had my 24 week appointment today and everything looked great and we are measuring right on track! It's always reassuring to hear that sweet little heartbeat, too!

::This week's Milestone: 
Thursday July 28th- Mr. B and I were trying to hear her with the stethoscope and everywhere he put it she would kick it really hard. It was cute/funny.
Saturday July 30th- felt a big somersault and it was very weird! She was turning all around and it was the weirdest feeling- made me feel sick, like all my insides were twisting. Of course my thought is please don't get all wrapped up in the umbilical cord! Ever since then I haven't felt her as much as I was- so sad {and made me paranoid!}. I guess she switched positions at some point during her crazy tumbling sessions.   ::

                                                                         Gender: GIRL!!! 

Total Weight Gained: Got my official weigh in at the Dr this morning:  +6. 

Sleep: Most nights = insomnia. My best sleep is usually 6:30-9 in the morning {after Mr. B leaves, hmmm coincidence?}

Maternity Clothes: Still LOVE. Wear mostly non-maternity shirts and dresses, but love my shorts and capris. Most of my non-maternity shirts are not looking quite as cute as they use to.

Best Moment of the Week: Hearing her heartbeat at the appointment today

Food Cravings: Appetite is definitely coming back- wohoo! Can't think of any real cravings yet. But now I need to pace myself because I can eat a lot.

Aversions: I think I can handle steak now, but still not ready for Wishbone Italian Dressing.  

Symptoms: Heart burn and still getting sick. This week I think I only got sick once though so that's a big improvement! But so far there hasn't been one week since week 6 that I haven't gotten sick. 

Movement: Yes! Feeling lots of flutters and some big movements too. Different feelings now- feel like we are back to mostly flutters and some little kicks since her somersault.

What I miss: Not feeling sick in the car, being able to slowly wake up/relax in bed until I am ready to get up, a good night sleep. But who cares- it's all SO worth it! 

What I'm looking forward to:  Hoping she will do another turn so I can feel her again! 

Weekly Wisdom: Warn your husband that once that raging hormones are turned on they are really hard to turn off. So be careful! It will be irrational, he won't understand it, you won't understand it- but you can't control it. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah for feeling your little one, the first time our little man did a somersault I thought I was gonna be sick also. And he hasn't done one since then, but yesterday his heart beat was good an strong and he is measuring right on track. I also don't feel him much because of my placenta position, but I will start feeling him more and more in the coming weeks.

BTw you look adorable, and I cant wait to see pictures of your little girls nursery.

Mama Gorka said...

You definitely got that pregnacy glow!! I am sooo happy for you guys I love reading all about the pregnancy and such!

Natalie said...

hahha i love your weekly wisdom :) some times I think my husband must wonder who this crazy person is that took over his wife's emotions :)
my sleep is EXACTLY the same as yours. too bad we don't live closer-we could stay up all night together and talk about our babies & go to bed when our husbands leave for work ;)

Allie said...

Adorable pic!

kellimoss said...

Hi! Thanks for the follow! I'm just a month behind you in pregnancy :) congrats on your sweet baby girl! It's the best thing ever.

LWLH said...

Love the pic, your adorable....but where's the ducks!? lol :)

Jess said...

Being 24 weeks marks the end of your 24th week, not 23rd. Just like turning 1 year old marks the end of your first year of life.

Lisa Marie said...

You've got the be the most adorable preggo girl EVER! Baby girls are just AWESOME! SO happy for you guys : )

Ashley said...

I'm so behind on blogs :(
But, I just have to say you look absolutely adorable!