Friday, August 26, 2011

Show Us Your Life: Baby Shower Ideas

Today over at Kelly's Korner is Baby Shower Ideas.

Some people get thrown a surprise shower, 

Some people get thrown a planned shower

and some people are a little controlling, enjoys decorating and party planning and has a little amount of friends. 

Oh, hi. That would be me. 

Currently my momma is my best friend, I know she could and she would throw me a surprise shower if she knew that's what I wanted but a. She knows I don't like surprises and b. It's more fun for us to plan it together. 

I originally wanted to have the shower in September so I wouldn't look back at pictures and feel like a complete whale. But the weekends were filling fast and we bumped it to October. 

We were thinking Pink Lemonade theme. I have been loving pink lemonade and I saw some cute stuff on Pinterest, but now that the shower is in October that seemed too summerish. 

So we have changed the theme to "Falling in love with Adalyn Faith" 

We are keeping it simple with just yummy snacks, desserts and breads. 

apple. crisp. mmmmm

Here are some ideas I found through Pinterest. 
{{ If you're on there, follow me! I am good at pinning everything, but still don't completely know how to find/follow others. }}





We still aren't sure on any games to play. 
We weren't planning on doing too many- probably just the measure the belly one and I saw a Price is Right one that looked like fun.

Any fun game ideas??

Any good fall recipes??

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My shower is also in October, and I have left it up to my Bestie's, sister in law and my mom to make the arrangements. All i know is where its going to be held, and who is on the guest list. Everything else I have been told will be a surprise. Oh and I hate surprises...

Natalie said...

Cute!! I can't wait to see how it turns out :)
As far as games-at my shower we did the measure the belly but instead of doing every ribbon around me they just held them all up to the original and chose the winner-that was a lot faster and less awkward :) They also had a mommy advice book, guess how many candies are in the bottle (all of those were at a table when people came in), then guess what's in the diaper bag and then they had onesies for people to decorate which was really fun!

Mrs. D said...

That's such an adorable theme idea. I've seen some really cute pie pops and on Pinterest, which could be a fun dessert or favor.

It might be too cold in October, but my sister-in-law went to a shower where they played "Don't Break the Water"-- a water-balloon toss competition with partners.

Rachel and John said...

HOW cute is that? Fall in love with baby? I think it's brilliant! I'll try to find you on pinterest.

Michelle said...

Fall is my favorite season, I had my baby showers in October last year but there weren't any themes. Those are some super cute decoration ideas!

Brittany said...

Ohh thats such a wonderful theme. I love it! I'm really in to all things fall right now.. wishing it would come sooner!

Jenny said...

Get a mess of white onsies and have each person decorate one for her. I loved this at addys shower and they were beautiful. We saved them to make a pillow case out of later :)

Jenny said...

-"guess the turkey( or bun) in the oven's weight and date"
-Cut fall fabrics squares and people can decorate them with words, pictures then make it into a blanket to keep baby girl warm when she arrives.
-Guests can bring something for a time capsule

Jenny said...

I know, I am leaving alot but now you have me thinking. For a favor because we all bake in the fall, do one of those mix jars where everything is inside except for the wet ingrediants....do it for chocolate chip or m&m cookies and use pink ones. You can decorate them beautiful in gorgeous mason jars with fabric tops and a cute tag

Victoria said...

Love your little girl's name. We had our first daughter in May, her name is Aubriella Faith.

Wenni Donna said...

These baby shower ideas are once and for all the cute ones. Gender reveal party with balloons and ribbons was very well decorated by my friend for her sister in law. All balloons were pricked to find out the pink accessories. Loved the ball room and interior set up of venues in NYC for cozy and quality dinner.