Thursday, August 11, 2011

24 Weeks

25 weeks tomorrow! 
Here are the stats for week 24:

::This week's Milestone: 
Felt some crazy movements- not just kicks but her whole body moving around- from like 11:30- 12 at night. It was so cool, I tried to wake Mr. B up, but he was out. Hoping she will do it again! 

Big growth spurt. Starting to get uncomfortable, exhausted and hormonal. Starting to feel fat and too big for 24 weeks, but I know everyone is so different and it's just part of the process. 

Yes, I am starting to waddle.

No, I am not having twins.

Yes, those were two comments I received this week. ::

                                                                         Gender: GIRL!!! 

Total Weight Gained: I really need to invest in a scale {or maybe I shouldn't!} I weighed myself at my parents' this afternoon so I'd say +7. 

Sleep: Most nights = insomnia. My best sleep is usually 6:30-9 in the morning {after Mr. B leaves, hmmm coincidence?}

Maternity Clothes: Still LOVE. Wear mostly non-maternity shirts and dresses, but love my shorts and capris. My non-maternity shirts look too tight/silly now, but I just need to make it through 1 more month of summer clothes and then bring on the fall sweaters and jeans! 

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling her roll all around

Food Cravings: Appetite is definitely coming back- wohoo! Can't think of any real cravings yet. But now I need to pace myself because I can eat a lot.

Aversions: I think I can handle steak now, but still not ready for Wishbone Italian Dressing.  

Symptoms: Heart burn and still getting sick. I'm worried that I am past the 2nd trimester wonderfulness and quickly making my way into 3rd trimester with more sickness and heartburn again. But the faster that comes, the faster she is here so that's ok! Hormonal/emotional!

Movement: Yes!

What I miss: Not feeling sick in the car, being able to slowly wake up/relax in bed until I am ready to get up, a good night sleep. But who cares- it's all SO worth it! 

What I'm looking forward to:  Hoping she will do another turn so I can feel her like I use to and hoping she does some more crazy body rolls for Mr. B to feel! 

Weekly Wisdom: Make a timeline/to-do list because time flies by and will continue to fly by!

This weekend was our family reunion at camp, so I didn't get a picture taken before church like I usually do. So this weeks photo is a comfy clothes, rainy day Tuesday night pic. I knew if I didn't do it then I wouldn't and I didn't want to be missing a week! 

I'm a little nervous to see what I will look like in 16 weeks! :)

5 comments:

Just Brandi said...

You look great!
Don't compare yourself to others (I know it's hard!)
I feel the uncomfortable stage coming too.
I looked over posts from my first pregnancy and reading them brought back so many memories of how SLOW the time drags on in the last 2 months.
So I hear ya.
But I do feel considerably better this time around, so I'm hoping I won't be that miserable this time!
As far as the sleep goes (for the last 4 weeks last time I used to sleep in our recliner at night bc that was the only position I could get comfortable in) I get my best nights sleep after a hard workout.
Even if you just walk a mile every night, you will sleep SOOO much better!
Try it out!

Anonymous said...

Your adorable, and I would say you and I are very similar in size and shape. I unfortunately don't feel little man as much as I want to because of my anterior placenta. I keep hoping it will slip to the back like the book tells me it can. Happy 25 weeks tomorrow.

Natalie said...

Girl, don't even worry about how big you feel or think you are-I bet you are right on track-everyone carries differently! You do carry a lot like me I think and I always felt too big for how far I was but I've always measured right on for the week :)
Honestly, the 2nd trimester did not become enjoyable to me until it was almost over and the first several of the 3rd were great, too so I bet there will be a few great weeks in there for you!! :) I always love reading your updates because I feel like our pregnancies are just SO much alike!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! How wonderful~
Have a great weekend!

Meant to be a mom said...

You look gorgeous!!!! I'm so glad your doing good. I can't believe your already 25 weeks. Crazy!!! I bet its flying by.

Isn't it amazing to feel that weird feeling when they completely flip over or shift to another side. One of a kind :)