Monday, August 22, 2011

25 Weeks

My computer charger is busted and I am too cheap to buy a new one- well a new one cost $80 so I don't really think I would consider myself cheap for not wanting to get a new one- but it's kind of a necessity. I have been borrowing my sister's when I visit so that gives me a good day of use, but when it'd dead-it's dead until further notice. Currently she is grounded from her electronics so I was pumped to take the charger for a few days and now this one isn't working....starting to think it might have something to do with the user??? But how could I break them? I just plug it in! So anyways, my battery is back on red but I wanted to post my 25 Week update before I forget and then hit my 27th week {wohoo!!}

I reached a few new milestones in my 25th week- none that were enjoyable in any way.

Milestones: 
::Woke up for church on Sunday, stretched my legs out and experienced my first ever charlie horse. Um. OUCH!!! That was my first leg cramp in my life and I pray it will be my last. Holy painful! 

Started to cry {and laugh at myself} during a little video of an Olympic race that was showing at church. I didn't exactly know why I was crying. Was it touching? Yes. Was it cry worthy? No. But there wasn't much I could do to control the tears. {kind of like how I can't control the attitude or sudden bursts of anger at times...really, I can't ;)}

Made a delicious Baked Ziti for dinner, went to bed with super bad heartburn. My magical heartburn shirt that I will be posting about one day in the future was not working and this was a big deal! I tried sitting up, I even drank a cup of milk {yuck!!} and nothing was helping. Sure enough, at midnight it gets so bad I realize I really am going to throw up. I have had this feeling before, but nothing ever came up. Well not this time. It was one of the worst throw up sessions so far. Needless to say- I will not be having Baked Ziti anytime soon. It burned so bad when it was in and when it was coming out. And then I brushed my teeth like 10 times- I couldn't believe they were still there in the morning. I really thought the acid would burn them away. Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but it was bad. 

And guess what? All that happened on Sunday! Fun milestones, huh? 

Followed by Tuesday where I anything I ate came right back up every time I finished my very last bite. I was so confused with what was going on! I felt fine, I ate fine and both times for breakfast and lunch the second I finished it came right back up. What's the point of eating if it's not even in my system long enough for her or I to digest it and get some nutrients?! Thankfully, as far as I can remember- the rest of the week was pretty uneventful just one more morning of just morning sickness and that I can handle. 

Other misc. stats:

Gender: GIRL!!! 

Total Weight Gained: I have no idea- let's say +9, feeling like I put on a couple more pounds in my thighs and arms.

Sleep: Most nights = insomnia. My best sleep is usually 6:30-9 in the morning {after Mr. B leaves, hmmm coincidence?}

Maternity Clothes: Still LOVE. Wear mostly non-maternity shirts and dresses, but love my shorts and capris. My non-maternity shirts look too tight/silly now, but I just need to make it through 1 more month of summer clothes and then bring on the fall sweaters and jeans! 

Best Moment of the Week: Finding a great deal on fabric for her nursery

Food Cravings: Appetite is definitely coming back- wohoo! Can't think of any real cravings yet. But now I need to pace myself because I can eat a lot.

Aversions: I think I can handle steak now, but still not ready for Wishbone Italian Dressing.  

Symptoms: Heartburn and still getting sick. I'm worried that I am past the 2nd trimester wonderfulness and quickly making my way into 3rd trimester with more sickness and heartburn again. But the faster that comes, the faster she is here so that's ok! Hormonal/emotional!

Movement: Just a little :( 

What I miss: Not feeling sick in the car, being able to slowly wake up/relax in bed until I am ready to get up, a good night sleep. But who cares- it's all SO worth it! 

What I'm looking forward to: Officially starting the nursery. Feeling like time is flying and I really need to start cranking those nursery projects!

5 comments:

Shea said...

You look beautiful in your picture!

And those milestones definitely don't sound very fun. I already have bad teeth...it seems like I get a cavity if I eat a freaking cookie. I'm probably screwed if I ever pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh girly I feel yah, I wake up almost every morning around 2 and have the worst heart burn ever. I found that mint helps a lot, so I keep tic tacs in my night stand drawer and when I wake up with heart burn I pop one of those in and its almost instant relief. Also they are small enough that if I fall back asleep with it in my mouth I wont choke and they are sugar free. Have you talked to your doctor about Zofran, or an anti nausea med to help keep your food down? I threw up everything for 5 straight months, and the zofran helped a little. So maybe check it out. Cant wait to see your nursery.

Natalie said...

ugh...throwing up from whatever gave you heartburn is the absolute WORST thing. it's only happened to me once or twice but i remember feeling all of those same things you said. i have to be careful more now about what i eat because of heartburn factor (spicy food is basically out). But girl, you need to get some TUMS! They work wonders....for real! And they work in like 4 seconds after you take them!

Rachel and John said...

YES- get TUMS. MY doctor told me I could take up to 10 a day and that they have a ton of calcium which is also good for the baby! WIN

Looking great!

Liesl said...

You look adorable! Congratulations on the little girl on the way...so exciting! Oh and yes, charlie horses are no good! :) I hope you are having a Wonderful Week and all the best with the rest of your pregnancy!

Liesl :)