Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All About the Bows

I've had a few people ask me about her bows so I thought I'd do a quick post and let you know where they're from. 

Some of them I've bought, some I've made and some I wish, and know I could make, but I'm too lazy!

There are so many I would love to buy- there are a million and one cute ones on etsy, but it kills me to spend a lot of money when I know I can make it. So for now these will do!

Ones I've made:

Needed- fabric/ribbon, thread, lighter, hot glue gun, alligator clips and elastic/headbands- all sold at Hobby Lobby, Michaels or AC Moore.
These ones are some of my favorite! 
Bought some satin from Hobby Lobby {it's $2.99/yd and you can get 40%off}, cut in a few different sized circles, carefully burn the edges, hot glue them together, hot glue a bead in the middle and then glue it onto an alligator clip and clip it onto the elastic.

Felt cut into circles, folded in half and hot glued onto a felt circle, then glued to a clip and clipped to a headband.

{excuse the peas} This was a gift bow from my baby shower that I saved and made into a hair bow. Glued it to a clip and clipped to a headband I already had {I purchased a pack of these headbands at Target in the bobbypin/hair elastic section} I got a lot of comments on this bow and unfortunately it was on the floor at my parents house and the puppies destroyed it :(

Grosgrain ribbon- followed instructions through youtube {there are so many instructional videos for all types!}. Make a bow, wrap some thread around it, glue a little ribbon around the middle to cover the thread, heat seal the edges of the ribbon with a lighter, glue to a clip and clip to a headband! I found this headband at Hobby Lobby and really like the material. These are so easy to make and ribbon is not expensive and comes in so many varieties!

Babies R Us:
They were on clearance and came in a pack of 3. These are the same material of the Hobby Lobby one that I liked, it's like a sheer stretchy material and comfy on her head.

Flower headband also on clearance.

Burlington Coat:
These were my favorite! Unfortunately she's no outgrown them-the headband got too tight. I actually replaced one of the bows- a zebra print- with the hot pink bow. That was part of a barrette she got from my Grammie that was from the Christmas Tree Shop for $1.00, I think! So I took it off of that clip and slipped it into the headband.

I was happy when her hair grew a little and I was able to put some clips on the tiny longer strands that to switch it up a little. I have a bunch of these in different shapes, colors and sizes- they were cheap and came in a pack of 5 or something.  I recently got some cute ones from the Carter's outlet too that are the snap-barrette kind. 

Etsy:

This is the only one I've bought from Etsy. I love it- it's seasonal, but will last her a long time and of course Mr. B and his family approve! I don't remember the name of the seller, but if you're interested let me know and I can look it up and send it to you!

Children's Place:
Her most recent headbands that she pretty much wears all the time now! I love the pink and orange one- it matches so many of her bright summer outfits! These are 2/$6 they pretty much always have a coupon too so you get it for even less! They are nice and stretchy and don't leave marks on her head either. 

Target:
Other fun head accessories- dollar spot!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute :) We always get comments on Callyn's headwear too. I've bought them from so many places/gifts/made them I wouldn't even know where to start with telling people!

Anonymous said...

All these bows are so cute! Maybe one day I'll have a need for them. :)

Modern Camelot said...

As a fellow bow-lovin' mama, I LOVE this post! I think all of ours are from Etsy!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

My mom jokes that we should start making bows/flowers for when we have a baby girl ;) I love this post... too cute!!!

Unknown said...

love this post...she always has THE BEST bows! I liked today's bow too! I wish I was as ambitious as you are!! Did you notice the headbands for 4th of July at Target? I thought of you the moment I saw them!

cheap rs gold said...

love this post...the lady has The top bows! My spouse and i loved modern day bow too! I wish I became while committed since you are!! Do you take note of the headbands for Fourth of july at Goal? I figured individuals the minute My spouse and i found all of them!
Rs To Gold
Final Fantasy 14 CD Key