Friday, May 25, 2012

Fast Forward Friday

Ok, so I think one of my least favorite parts of blogging is coming up with a title?
Anyone else??
I feel like I'm back in school sometimes!

Anyways, I am so behind on blogging...once again.
I always go back and forth on how important it really is.
I think it's really important, and not always easy, to prioritize it correctly.
For me personally, as much as I love documenting and looking back at the different seasons and milestones, it's so much more important for me to be in the moment.
I take so many pictures of Adalyn, and believe it or not even though I have thousands of pictures, I have to constantly tell myself to just enjoy it.
To savor it in my heart and memory.
She will be smiling away at me and it's the sweetest thing, I take out my camera to capture it and then she stops and I get annoyed because she's not doing it anymore.
 I need to enjoy and not always share it.
In saying that, I am so so thankful for the awesome camera we have and all the pictures I do have of her.
It's goes by so fast and I am so grateful to look back and reminisce.

I do find blogging important too. 
Especially as my memory quickly disappears. 
But it needs to be when I have time because I have greater much, more important things to be spending my time on-like my quiet time with the Lord, time in the Word to inspire and encourage me to be a better wife and mom, time I should be using to clean and cook- making our home a home and serving my husband after a long day at work, time to soak in each dimpled smile from Adalyn and the wonder and excitement she gets from the littlest thing, time for trash tv and naps, and time for my attention craving dog. 
I really just need to work on my time management.
 period. 
In all areas.
 Money management too! 
{Too many "good deals" add up to, ya know?}

A couple weeks ago I said I wanted to blog after every weekend-HA! Apparently I was lucky I did it once. So I am just going to do a quick recap so we can fast forward to this weekend and start over again.

Things I'd like to blog about, but don't have time to embellish on each thing! And it is probably going to be so long and I will be surprised if anyone makes it to the end, but it's mostly for us to look back on.

Pretty much the whole month of May has been rainy, so we try to enjoy the few beautiful days that we have! Last Saturday we got to go on a family walk and play at the park. Auntie Ali got to join us!

Two weeks ago I had a wonderful Mother's Day! 
It's such a special day to celebrate moms and God's faithfulness to us! A mom is something I have always wanted to be and it's still so  surreal that I am one. 
I got a sweet card from Adalyn and Mr. B and I am waiting on my mom necklace! We went to church and they gave out some flowers, then we went to Texas roadhouse with my family. They have highchairs that slip into the booths and she liked being close to us and of course she enjoyed their yummy rolls! We came home, napped, took some pictures, face-timed with Mr. B's parents, enjoyed the beautiful weather at the farm and finished the night with Coldstone where I got the "Way-too-many-calories-slightly-embarrassed-to-tell-you-what's-in-here".

On Monday Adalyn and I went to my parents because my Grammie and Grampa were over visiting. 
They don't have a crib there so it's one of the few times she still sleeps on me and I soak it all in!
We were supposed to get Carrabba's on Sunday night-my dinner of choice! But we were still full from Texas Roadhouse so we ended up getting it on Monday night and it was delish, as always! I get the Pollo Rosa Maria- if you've never gotten it, do it!
 Complete with a cannoli, another favorite of mine.

And then I gained 10 pounds.

Mr. B had a business trip to CA and was going to be gone for 3 days. I was torn if I would be a big girl and stay here by myself or if I would go to my parents {aka the farm, by the way}. I would go there not because I needed help with Adalyn, but because I am pretty much a 10 year old girl and get scared of bad guys. I decided I would spend one night there and two nights here. But I ended up staying there all 3 nights...and losing a bet and owing a back scratch to Mr. B. {ugh.} He didn't think I would stay here alone. I could've.
We found a great deal with coupons on a pack n play at Babies R Us. We shared a room and slept great. We looked like dog hoarders. And Roxie finally had a friend...that she thinks is her own personal stuffed animal.
We played on our favorite toy. And enjoyed cheese puffs. 
So did our bib.

The weather pattern for May is rainy weeks and beautiful weekends. I suppose it could be worse! 
Last weekend was no different- and we enjoyed it while it lasted!
Started off our morning going to a few yard sales. Here are some of our fun finds!

Followed by a little disappointment in the quantity of the water I put in and some playtime in her new pool.

And of course, a walk and more ice cream.

We live in a townhouse in a nice development that is fairly quiet, but we don't have our own backyard or anything so we usually go to the farm on the weekends to relax, play and enjoy some time outside. So our days at the farm are usually like this...

And starting tomorrow it will consist of some weekends at the lake and on the boat with Mr. B and his parents! 

1 comment:

Refrigerator Memories said...

We ate at Texas Roadhouse on Mother's Day too! And the rolls are my favorite! I ate almost the entire basket there and brought most of my dinner home. hah! Adalyn is always smiling and so cute!