Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dates and Dishwashers

A few weeks ago, over April vacation, we got the pleasure of going on a lunch date with Uncle CJ.
I was the driver and he was the treater.
He had a gift card to Quiznos and he searched his room and the house for any extra money. {so cute}
Adalyn was so excited for a special day with Uncle C- she even wore her special Uncle bib!

He had a little over $8 on his Quiznos gift card and I told him that I could just pay for my own lunch and not to worry about it and he said "Well it wouldn't be a date if I didn't pay for your meal."
 So off to the mall we went to have lunch at Quiznos where he used both his gift card and his money.

Since he couldn't buy Adalyn lunch he took her on her first ride instead.
I just love her face in that picture looking at the train- she thought it was the coolest thing.

Then, he surprised us and bought her a cute outfit from Target!

When we got back to the car and I was folding up the stroller, he was standing out there with me and I was wondering why he wasn't getting into the car. Here's why....
What a gentleman! I didn't even tell him to do this! 

Then we walked around Toys R Us for a little and he surprised us again and bought Adalyn a little toy.
And we finished off a date with a Sundae from McDonalds- extra hot fudge, of course!
We had such a great day! He spent every last penny on Adalyn and I and one little toy for himself- and that's the perfect example of the type of boy that he is! It's never hard for him to spend his money on others. CJ has such a good heart and sweet spirit and it was so nice to spend this time with him. We are 11 years apart and between that age gap, being different genders, video games, different houses, and different likes - I am so thankful that I live close enough to make these memories and have the opportunity to go on dates together!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

And now onto dishwashers....we have one in our new place again!
Woohoo! 
No more washing all those dishes and the million and one bottle parts!
But my question is....

What's your favorite detergent??

There are so many different types I'd rather not try them all out to see which one works best. 

Are the little packs any good or a waste of money?
Powdered or liquid?
With Dawn without Dawn?
Do you make your own?
Do you use rinsing agent? I've noticed a big difference with that!

I just bought Cascade Complete with Dawn, but just a little one in case you all could tell me if there is something better out there.
So please let me know!

13 comments:

Rebekah said...

Such a cute date! That's great you live so close and you're able to do things like that.

I use the Cascade gel packs with Dawn. They're so easy to just pop in and then start it!

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

That is one of the sweetest dates I have ever read about. What a kind, generous, loving boy. He is being raised correctly! Thanks for sharing! Such an uplifting story to read!!

Natalie said...

Wow, that is so precious. What a little gentleman! Your parents must be raising him well :)
I don't even know what a rinsing agent is? So obviously I don't use that haha. We use powder and it is just fine. Only becuase it's cheaper than liquid. In college we used the gel packs and they were pretty good but sometimes they didn't come out of the little tray or dissolve so we'd have to wash again.

Hilary said...

How awesome is CJ!

I was always a fan of cheaper is better until we went on a weekend vacay to a cabin and they had no detergent. The only kind they had at the gas station was the Cascade packs. Those things clean SO much better than the store brand liquid detergent. I can't speak for the powder or the more expensive liquid. Our dishwasher's dispenser, though brand new, sometimes sticks and then you end up with detergent everywhere. I've never had that problem with the packs.

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

What a great uncle! I love that you captured the day in photos. :)

I use Finish Gel pacs and love them. I tried store brands before and didn't think they got my dishes clean and I always seem to find coupons for the Finish products which make them much cheaper than other products. :)

Refrigerator Memories said...

OMGosh! What a gentleman! I like the Cascade packs because they're so easy to use. Also, I use a rinse aid and don't know if it works or not!

Victoria said...

We use plain white vinegar as a rinse aid. :)

Mallorie said...

Oh my word, could he be any cuter?! That is just SO sweet! His future wife is a lucky lady!

We use the cascade gel packs. I love them! We buy ours at Costco!

Mallorie said...

Oh and I love the new layout! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Cascade gel packs

Dana said...

I like the gel packs. Less mess. I also use a rinse agent like jet dry. It makes the dishes cleaner. I love the Seinfield t-shirt he is wearing? Is he old enough to know who Seinfield is? LOL.

Mama Whitfield said...

What a sweet little brother!!

We use the gel packs too. Nothing else works as well.

Lindsay said...

How insanely sweet!!! I love that :)

We use the dish packs from Sams, the SAMs brand.